Verkit Industries

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Been a while since I last updated - it's been a while since I last played the game. But fear not! Progress is happening! (You should probably start fearing for your eyes now, because there is a plain, uninteresting picture of a hangar coming up.) The following picture was taken with shadows off.

That is a Syleek in the center of that hangar, if you were wondering. We tried finding a more attractive ship that would fit but couldn't. Couldn't find an uglier one either. The hangar does fit larger ships - but it was designed with the Syleek in mind. Oh - there are going to be twenty of these hangars on the Invictus. Two are finished, and 18 are close to completion.

Other than that, I have very little to say but one question: How the [something that gets stuck to bum hairs and hurts to clean properly] do you turn flat, boring shells into interesting pieces of art?

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Other than that, I have very little to say but one question: How the [something that gets stuck to bum hairs and hurts to clean properly] do you turn flat, boring shells into interesting pieces of art?
    With great difficulty alot of the time, if you run into a creative block. Are you talking about the Invictus or the Syleek?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    With great difficulty alot of the time, if you run into a creative block. Are you talking about the Invictus or the Syleek?
    Most definitely the Invictus. Syleek I'm happy with looks-wise, and I don't want to comprise its nice mass of 15.0

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    The Great Wolf has arrived.

Woof woof.

- Your ships are very nice. I love the fighters, so much green it makes me feel at home.

Also, some advice for the capital; Layers everywhere. Some of my bigger ships have a 3-block space filled with greeble between armor and systems/cables/greebles/reactors/evil instruments of death.

Silhouette and shape are also very important. Raise some sections if you find it too flat, that usually works well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well . . . I *attempted* making a turret. It did not turn out well, and for once I'm not kidding.

Stat-wise, it's probably not that bad. Aesthetically, I hate it. What I'm wondering though, is do I scrap it it or make modifications too it?
    Think that your turret is ugly?

Yes, that is a turret

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    WolfChild, you have a bunch of my turrets don't you? If you like them more than yours, i'm fine with you recolouring them, the systems will need updating though.

Reaction score
    o.....m....g my eyes are bleeding but im looking anyway
    unamed what hole of hell did those turrets crawl from :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Woof woof.

- Your ships are very nice. I love the fighters, so much green it makes me feel at home.

Also, some advice for the capital; Layers everywhere. Some of my bigger ships have a 3-block space filled with greeble between armor and systems/cables/greebles/reactors/evil instruments of death.

Silhouette and shape are also very important. Raise some sections if you find it too flat, that usually works well.
    Thank you :)

Thanks for the advice. This is my first time building anything near this big, and I was struggling for ideas for the flat faces so it is greatly appreciated :)

Think that your turret is ugly?

Yes, that is a turret
    Looks similar to a cloaking ship I once built - except your one is not quite as ugly XD

WolfChild, you have a bunch of my turrets don't you? If you like them more than yours, i'm fine with you recolouring them, the systems will need updating though.
    I've got two turrets I'm happy with, but the difference in size between them is huge and I was looking for something to bridge the gap. I might just update the systems of your ones and change the colour. I'll make sure to give you credit :)

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nice wolf though I feel that the tip of the nose is backwards, could just be me though.
    I think I tried it the other way around, but I don't think it looked as good. I'll check it out again and change it if it does look better.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The Invictus is now contains a fusion reactor (of sorts):

Still highly likely to undergo minor changes, but nothing major will change. I do wonder why I'm bothering with the interior right now when I haven't even finished the exterior shell. Oh well.

Also, I changed the nose on the Wolf thanks to jzimmerman4 . I personally prefer the new one, but I'd like to know what others think. Here's a link to the new pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Don't have a clue what to do with this. I've got some great ideas for interiors and small exterior details, but the whole exterior seems too 'simple'. I know simple can be good, but in this case I feel it is too much so. Not enough diversity in shape or something. I'm really looking for some advice/suggestions on what to do here. Here's a pic of it currently (Ignore the green lightning thing, that's getting removed):

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I feel as if those seams between the grey and green should be a lot bigger, directly connecting them makes it look like a flat piece painted over, instead of a whole new plate :0

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I feel as if those seams between the grey and green should be a lot bigger, directly connecting them makes it look like a flat piece painted over, instead of a whole new plate :0
    I never thought of that! I might use a combination of what's currently there and separate plates, so it looks like some sections are paint changes while others are separate sections. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    More bridges than you can handle.

Details will change, shape probably won't. I might add an under bridge though. (Not under the bridge underbridge, an undership underbridge. Unless I build more bridges, in which case I may make an underbridge bridge.)

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    More bridges than you can handle.

Details will change, shape probably won't. I might add an under bridge though. (Not under the bridge underbridge, an undership underbridge. Unless I build more bridges, in which case I may make an underbridge bridge.)
    Bridgeception!

Also, I think they should look less pasted on, and more of a connected, sturdy structure. After all, it's the vital part of your ship.

I do see it all coming together nicely :)