Venting - So hard to find a decent server

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...B) Should NOT require an extra price,...
    Revenue Stream Not Found.
    Abort, Retry, Fail?

(The server has GOT to be paid for by something other than rainbows, unicorns, and the good will of fans, although it might be possible to get enough voluntary donations to last for a few years, but that is extremely unlikely.)

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Abort, Retry, Fail?

(The server has GOT to be paid for by something other than rainbows, unicorns, and the good will of fans, although it might be possible to get enough voluntary donations to last for a few years, but that is extremely unlikely.)
    This is so true. Players and posters scream bloody murder when an update is late or a feature takes too long. Can you imaging the moaning when a reset happens during some ones epic build, crash, corruption, update breaking builds blah blah blah? And don't give any of that "Well it would be understood that there would be wipes and and stuff." Bull. People go all Peter Jackson when their precious is threatened. If there is a sub then they will talk crap about they've invested in this game and expect a level of brown nosing. If it's free than its evil micro-transactions.

Server + :schema:+ :(:mad::confused::p:eek::rolleyes:= early retirement and therapy

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Abort, Retry, Fail?

Revenue stream not found, or not sought? So far all of seen is a few people expressing their opinions that no one would pay for a Schine operated server, and some other people claiming that personally they would. Someone saying "no one would pay" is not impirical evidence of anything.

We do know, impirically, that right now players DO pay to support servers. This is a fact. So we are able to determine that at this very moment there actually is a revenue stream currently funding servers.

To assume that no players would support a Schine server (when several have expressly stated otherwise and yet more are currently contributing to unofficial servers) seems to be giving up before the fight. I personally know an individual who was considering dedicating their entirely monthly dividend of like $500 to one of the private servers before falling victim to some admin abuse from that server.

A Schine server would not cost much more than any private server does. If the play amount became too intense it could be more cost effective to run two servers with 32-player caps than try to scale up a server for 60+ people.

There is revenue out there, and it would be nice to have Schine on the server list. Let's not shoot down any planes before they take off.

Reaction score
    I know how you fell, that is why I built my own server with : 15k max mass for ships, only 1 shop in the universe at 2,2,2 , vanilla mining bounus, shops buy cheap and sell with high prices to incentive trading, new pirates, etc. My server is an old machine so it have problems with cpu, but anyone are free to try it out : oneuniverse.sytes.net:4242. Also if you want the configuration just let me know.