Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    Progress has been halting due to our split focus, but, as you can see, the Anthem\'s comin\' along nicely. Here\'s the outer shell.

To help you make sense of things, the yellow blocks important points. Turret mounts, that sort of thing. She\'s currently planned to bring twelve medium turrets (see the Dirge) and four super-heavy quintuple naval gun turrets, along with quite a few of our standard little three shooters and some turely monstrous hull mounted weapons. Of course, expect a functional and interesting interior as well as plenty of VFW Wingy Thing emblems all over the damn place.

Long-time customers will recognize what appears to be the framing for the ship\'s battleship-grade primary and two destroyer-grade secondary Fantail Drives (tm). We\'re likely to move these further back as we perfect the design, pushing the ship\'s length past its current value of 355 m.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What a beast! Verkit Industries employees are officially scared upon seeing this nightmarish black beast. Back to the drawing board to see what we can come up with....

On the other hand, we might have to take it once it becomes available and test it upon some pirate-slaves.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would like a version without an interior, mrvec, its really hard to refit ships with awesome interiors in them.

Reaction score
    Due to Austrian Culinary Law, The VFW is cannot release an interior-free version of a production ship without incurring the wrath of the Ancestor Spirits.

Reaction score
    Here\'s the Anthem as of my bed time. It\'s at 1920x1080 so I\'ll provide it as a link.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This one looks badass. Before you started your official VFW announcement, I never thought that I would like \"simple\" shipsdesigns like this. I prefered ships with a lot of stuff on them, like external radiators and such. But I really like your clean work!

I wonder what it will look like when you\'re done. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh my...

I\'d like to thank VFW for all these excellent ships; they\'ve certainly spiced up the pirates in my area quite a bit! I\'m curious, have you done any studies on how your ships compare to PVP designed ships of a similar size? In general, I\'ve found them to be extremely well armored and shielded, but slightly lacking in non-turreted firepower. Also, would it be possible for you to incorporate a small salvage array in your newest vessels to facilitate stripping the remains of our enemies?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Good show, Vecordean Fleetworks! We here at Valiance Privateering will be proud to use your ships, purchased over the black market as usual, to ward off the evils of piracy and peacef-, I mean, sinister, cargo vessels!

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    when that nightmare is finished Wolf corp will be scared to death! to kill that thing it may need 1,000 F-18\'s that are refitted for combat agenst scouts and lights! glad you dont kill anyone otherwise we would be dead

Reaction score
    1) A proper PVP ship will be built around the game\'s systems, maximizing damage output and defensive ability while keeping extraneous things like internal corridors or even hull blocks down to a minimum. My ships are designed to feel a bit like a real war ship, and, as a result, do not make optimal use of the game\'s systems and resources. I \"waste\" a lot of space on internal detailing for crew that will never exist and making sure things LOOK like what you\'d expect to see inside of a warship. The heavy emphasis on turret-based firepower is a carry-over from real-world design philosophies rather than reflections of what works best in the context of Starmade. VFW vessels wont\' ever be truly competitive in PVP, but, by the same token, are usually enough of a challenge to make for fun NPC ships.

2) I won\'t add salvage arrays to the ships proper, but all of my capital ships come with docking ports for Omnidrones. It\'s the work of a few moments to make a dedicated salvager out of an OD or to strip the ports out entirely and replace them with a single large dock for a larger salvage ship of your own design.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Damn Vec, they just keep getting larger and larger lol. As much as I enjoy all of your ships I will be looking forward to when/if you go back to smaller frigate/corvette/fighter sized ships, be interesting to see your spin on non-combat ships too. However, that is one nice cruiser so far and I will be using it for sure. Is it going to be the largest warship or do you have plans for more that will be even bigger, thought I read somewhere you planned to do a full carrier as the Ensemble is a light/support carrier?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Scrolling down the page I was worried you\'d departed from your trademark yellow hull and the anthem was going to be black!

I was glad to realise its not.

Reaction score
    Part of the VFW Full Fleet Project is making an entire line of aesthetically consistant warships from fighters up to heavy capital ships. I have a battleship and fleet carrier in mind as well. After the Corvette contest is over, I\'ll likely have most of the smaller ship rolls filled. After the VFW-FFP is done, though, I do plan on another line of ships. Maybe industrial/support ships or another line of warships with a very, very different aesthetic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Will you do another contest? I enjoy building with limited options!

Reaction score
    I have several other non-VFW-related contests in mind. I really want the contests to be about fostering enthusiasm and camaraderie within the community rather than simply feeding my own enormous, ever-hungering ego. To that end, I\'ll be contacting several other folks I feel have a good eye for design and asking them to help me judge. We\'ll see how it goes.

Reaction score
    More screenshot goodness. As you can see, the ship\'s outer shell is shaping up. She\'s close to her final shape, now, with her internal layout roughly demarcated. I\'ve taken another 1080p screenshot but left the HUD on so you can get an idea of what her dimensions are.

Her current thrust and power values are derived entirely from her still-incomplete secondary drive sections. Her shields mostly so, with some help of a few extra shield blocks behind the lateral medium turret sponsons. Expected an enormous boost to both once the primary drive is completed. Her length may increase a smidge and her height will probably see another 10m or so from the comm antennae I\'ll inevitably add. The observation deck is actually mounted below the hull on this one in case you\'re wondering.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah I also subscribe to the realism over game mechanics idea. I would much rather have ships that look like they are fully functional space ships with things like airlocks, corridors, and living accommodations then win any PVP contests, it\'s easy to build shoe boxes filled with guns power and shields but that\'s not very creative. I would love to see pvp competition with emphasis on \"functional\" looking ships over the warbox.

?Also on the salvage array thing, warships are warships they wouldn\'t waste valuable weapon space for salvage, that\'s what civilian ships are for (see the woodchuck).