Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    just got the hymn and apartnly its been modded :( btwwhat hapened to the drone and fighter (i miss the already)

Reaction score
    There is nothing worse than oxodized kitted fluid. Exept for non-spoiled Glowing Eluvula Jam, most unsettling, even the thought of such a thing gives me the chills.

Reaction score
    As I said, that\'s exactly how I put it together for the Solaris faction on the server. The fighter and drone have been pulled because I\'m replacing them.

The OD will be replaced with the OD/I, which is the armored variant.

The Tremelo will be replaced with the Tremolo Mk II, which is a much nastier fighter altogether. I\'ll put them online when I get home tonight, I think.

I\'ll also add the Sotto Vocce Blockade Runner and Cantata Support Ship after I give them a few touch-ups. The last two haven\'t even had pictures taken of them yet. :D

Reaction score
    well i spawned it in and it disapered, don\'t know what to say. and i can\'t wait to see what the new ships are like.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I too have this issue, though I simply spawned it until the game gave up and let me have it. But I think it may be a bug, so...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Worst case, download it again and retry. Happens sometimes. But there\'s nothing wrong with the uploads, these new ships are amazing. Once the Hymn is fully regailed in VFW colors and markings, it\'ll make a fine addition to the growing cloud of corpses surrounding our naval testing range.

Reaction score
    Why, they are all on Vivacitas, which is down at the moment. And has been for several days now.

Reaction score
    So that\'s where they are.

Also, why the avatar change from the Diggle to your Wingy Thing (tm)? Wait, just answered my own question.

Reaction score
    But, like a fool of a Took, I forgot to bp it to my local server. As soon as I can get back in I\'ll snag it and post some screenies.

Reaction score
    The Tremolo (Tremelo was a grave spelling error on the part of our nameless Deep Tongue-to-English translators) Mk II isn\'t as pretty as the Mk I, but boasts greatly improved shields (Just under 9k), much better power generation, heavier guns, and a 2.25-to-1 thrust to mass ratio. It can fire and move and recharge its shields all all at the same time. Further, the core is much more centrally located.

As you can see, it also employs a Wingdrive (tm) rather than a Fantail Drive (tm). Why? Fantails are not very efficient at small scales. Wingdrives are. You can also see a bit of the Anthem\'s back end in this one. We\'ve smoothed out the curves for its blended drive section. It\'s (the Tremolo, not the Anthem) available for download here and in the OP.

Reaction score
    Unfortunately, Vivacitas crashed again. However, we did manage to snag an image of another ship design. It\'s not the best image, but it should give you an idea of what sort of vessel our Fleetworking Druids have designed:

This is the VFW Cantata-class Support and Repair Vessel. While roughly 50 meters long, this vessel isn\'t designed for long-term independent operation like the more generalized Lyre and Bolero and usually requires a large carrier vessel to act as its home base during fleet operations. It\'s designed to act as a small tug and to assist in post-battle repair and clean up. The design is relatively simple and remarkably tough. The primary hull lacks any dedicated weaponry in this configuration, but its powerful Quartet II turrets make short work out of any lighter threats.

This ship is almost identical, at least on the surface, to the unreleased VFW Calliope Bomber, and shares the bomber design\'s 2-to-1 Thrust-to-Mass ratio and 70K shield rating. However, it exchanges the Calliope\'s multi-launch torpedo tubes for a both repair and salvage arrays.

Just as a note on the Quartet II\'s: They do about 400 damage per four-shot volley and fire relatively quickly out to a range of about half a kilometer. They are pretty nice.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those little things are awesome! They remind us so of our own Suppressor Drones.

EDIT: and at 1/4 the price, no less. Why are they so cheap? Why are Suppressors so expensive? Must be all the advanced hardware we plug into them. They are sentient, you know. We just have a lot of them.

Reaction score
    The VFW Beat Microfighter should never be involved in combat. We gave it guns anyway, though, because whatevs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the trick is deploy them in swarms so that the enemy\'s targetting system overheats and causes their reactor to melt down. Don\'t ask why that works. Combine science has proven it.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Can I ask again for the server IP? If ddon\'t want me to come, I won\'t...

Reaction score
    Two things: one, I\'m not supposed to give the IP away. Even if I did, it\'s whitelisted, so you need to apply here on the Vivacitas server thread. Two, all of that is moot anyway since the server itself is down. I\'m not a server admin there, so I can\'t whitelist ya myself, unfortunately.