Various Original Suggestions!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1. Merje Module: I haven't thouht of a good name yet, but it works like a dock, except it's considered part of the ship, and you can use it as such. For example: saucer section of the NCC-Enterprise-D, an arm/leg/head of a Mech, a Modular ship with interchangeable parts. Implementation: like docking, but part of ship
    2. Scanning thing: something that can scan a block and learn its properties, like what Cubatom structure it has, or maybe if you scan a block enough you'll learn its recipe OR it can find out the stats of the other ship like power, armaments (it's just a freighter boys, let it pass), thrust, mass, etcetera.
    3. Maneouvering thruster: increase turn rate. implementation: this is the simplest one: add block, boost turning.
    4. Station Blueprints: Ok, so I got this off of Sins of A Solar Empire: Rebellion, but it's still cool. It works like this: a ship has a module on it that let's it turn into a station, but it costs alot of credits, and supplies (unless the ship has supplies in some plexstorij). Perhaps you could desine an Ark ship that can switch between a mobile ship, and a stationary station.
    5. Orbiting: when you press C, you reorentate yourself, so how about when you press V, your thrusters apply countinuous upwards thrust to allow itself to not fall!
    6. Shields block salvij(salvage) lasers: This would allow you to eat functional ships, but maybe you could have overheating ships have no shields.
    7. Chairs: would allow for transport of people. I have seen some ships that use salvij computers for people to sit in and be transported, but what if the ship is a Nomad-CarryAll-VasariLoyalist-thingy ship with ALL the computers? My answer: chairs.
    8. A nerf of the /destroy_entity command. I accidentally destroyed a planet which i had nearly perfectly alined with the orbital station, but I was lagging so i used the aforementioned command to delete some ships, and i accidentally destroyed the planet... I want some way to get it back, or some way to prevent this from happening.
    9. Astronomical Events: something like the Uncolonizable things in Sins of A Solar Empire, like asteroid fields(lots of asteroids), nebulae(nebula graphic interferes with vision and screws up radar), Wormhole(You know what it does), Planetoids(moons, Larje asteroids) Implementation: alter asteroid spawning so that they spawn in intersector belts, and a wormhole that teleports you to another sector.
    10. Give the Trading guild its own default ships: I haven't seen this sugjested, so why not make an option in the Admin blueprints be "add to trade guild". On a related note, make the Default Stations be like a Police force. Implementation: desine some more ships and put them in, or make "add to guild" a ship option.
    11. Give shops docking areas: May require the "make docked ships destroyable" thing (only reason I would support it) canon, but freihters need a place to go.
    12. Flak: shoots damijing bits of stuff(may need random blocks to fire), that's good against fiters.
    13. NEVER... FERGUSON... EVER...
    14. More civilian stuff: like beds and such to make cities worthwhile.
    15. Teleport: Like build block, except you can't build/edit, and when you exit it your character is teleported to where you exit.
    16. Specialization module: you can place it down, and activate it to turn the ship into a specific class, E.G: repair ships can only use astrotech beams & get a repair boost, bomber can't be larger than a certain amount but get a missile boost. This could be worked into an AI thingy as well.
    17. I keep coming up with a sugjestion, and then i promptly forget it. Any Reminders please?

tl;dr:

1. Merje Module: 1+1= better 1
    2. Scanner!
    3. Turn!
    4. SoASE:Entrenchment!
    5. ORBIT
    6. Ships, like Klingon food is best eatten alive
    7. sit
    8. One should not simply TYPE AWAY A PLANET.
    9. space stuff
    10. Freiters
    11. jeneric thing
    12. Anti Air Turrents!
    13. EVER...
    14. Cities
    15. Teleport

Other People's Orijinal Sugjestions:

Some less orijinal Sugjestions.

1. Anti Shield weapon: useless against hull, but good against shields/power/etc.
    2. Laser Drill: beam that cuts.
    3. Better armor
    4. N33dz sf34r Pl4n3tz!! & 4Li3nz! 00h! & t3H D34tH sT4r! & t3H cleengonz & PSiLonz!!! L0L. Giv3 M3 T3h L4g!!! #Y0L0Sw4gFish!!! *sarcasm hand*
    5. But seriously, some NPCs would be very much appreciated.
    6. More Shop inventory.
    7. Air, infinite supply on planet, and a block to supply it in stations & ships.
    8. Wreckij of destroyed ships (either not entirely destroying ships or ancient artifact stuff is fine)
    9. ETC!!!

So those are my sugjestions, I hope they are good enuf for me to get therapy!

Dear Grammar Nazis: The "j"s and the lack of "g"s is intentional. It's how the Feace write, with the JAYs being JAYs, and the JEEs being JEEs. For any other typos, I explain by saying that the feace are just crappy with english; with languajis that make sense they are a mere decent.

TL;DR

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Feace are a race I made in Spore. I roleplay my characters in games, so in StarMade I\'m a Feacearn trader guy.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Literally every single one of your suggestions have been suggested before.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Including Ferguson? And the Scanning thing? And the Merje thingy?

Did you even read these? I admit that some of them may have been in parts of the forum I haven\'t seen, but some of them have got to be original...

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    You used a G.

Also I don\'t know what the fuck you mean by ferguson because I assumed it to be a silly joke.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I did mean that as a joke. But I still don\'t recall seeing a merje thing on the forums. Maybe you could link the page you saw it on?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For 8 Dont Be A Dumbass!

For 10 check www.facebook.com/starmadesuperhive

Reaction score
    But if you had ideas for these things it would be better if you had some more info/details to back up these ideas, also actualy looking over the forums for topics would help reduce the chances of you suggesting something like #3 with the \"Maneouvering Thursters\" which I know has been discussed indepth about in these forums numerous times

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m gonna put a cross throo the manoovering thrusters idea. But what do you think of my main ideas (as indicated in bold)?

Reaction score
    #1 Merle Module? I\'m guessing your saying have the docked ship/object system (example power, shield) would link and feed into the host ship.
    Thoughts: I like the idea but I\'m unsure if it would be worth looking into at the moment especially since I\'ve seen somepeople do some cool stuff with the current systems

#5 Orbiting
    Thoughts: I feel in-gravity hovering would be very helpful and could be talked about more indepth, as of orbiting individual planets... maybe, but probably not seeing planets are just saucers as of now and space Oreo\'s are being looked into.

#6 Shields block salvij(salvage) lasers: the lable gives no help in trying to figure out your meaning but in the brief description you describe \"This would allow you to eat functional ships\"
    Thoughts: Before Schema changed the Salvage beams people were able to use them as weapons to salvage or \"eat\" the enemy ships in combat as it seems your suggesting and there is a reason this was changed/removed. So it won\'t happen, it just gets to OP and would be hard to balance

#16 Specialization Module
    Thoughts: If builders want to specialize ships they can just design the ships to fit they intended purpose. It should be up to the builders skill not a magical block to make an effective ship

Reaction score
    i respect you and i love this post but half of these i havent even seen before unless youve been here for a couple of years or something and even then if it has been a while or to the point where few people remember them (like you) then it is proper that they be suggested so new users can input on the idea

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The power to type a command is insignificant compared to the power of the Force. :P

Also, as for your other suggestions, some way to toggle between being a station and a ship is interesting to me, since they use much of the same blocks... I would assume that blocks incompatible with either format the ship is in would simply become inactive but still on the structure whilst in the incompatible mode? Either way, I like this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    #1: I was talking about making a new block that can be used, but other than that, YES! EXACTLY

#5: Thanks for agreeing

#6: Well I was talking about salvage lasers couldn\'t eat something if the shields were operational, and that would allow for eating functional ships (it may be a bit of a hassle taking down the shields of overheating ships though), which I thought was a good balance

#16: Good point...