NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I dislike the OP's classification.

Scouts should be stealth + invisible.

Stealth fighters don't have to be invisible permanently, just stealth and some invisibility (( which is poorly balanced due to vanilla power-tanks only storing 10 seconds of a reactor output and their high power drain )).

Corvette, Frigatte - even military IRL confused a lot of these names :)

I think civilians should at least be allowed to have weak rear-mounted long-range push-weaponry to escape danger
    and 4* single cannon-cannon autoguns (only at most 2 should be able to point in the same direction +- 30°).

This allowed 20 dps seems tiny, but imagine 3 civilians fighting a lone pirate fighter.

60 dps anti-missile autoguns is enough to survive a bit longer, just long enough to reach the next gate or the next police ship!
    The long range pushers can keep a pirate out of range while charging jump drives! Or at least force him to use long ranged weapons with less damage.

Reaction score
    Well, they are civilian ships. Maybe merchants could have weaponry, but regular civilians with weaponry would be a bad thing for any nation. They could easily just attack police and such. I would say that only the merchants could have weapons.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, they are civilian ships. Maybe merchants could have weaponry, but regular civilians with weaponry would be a bad thing for any nation. They could easily just attack police and such. I would say that only the merchants could have weapons.
    And no USA country allows peoples to own a gun and shot intruders into their home? No medival was able to use a fork as weapon or build himself a cheap bow?

IRL in space age you may dock an asteroid, go FTL and unleash it at a military target...

Weapons always existed, exists and will exist.

You could even use laser pointer as a weapon though they are not illegal (yet).
    You can use information as a weapon to let one kill another.

You can use toys like flying drones with a handy-cam and WLAN controller as a weapon to throw acid on somebody.
    . . . make parts of a drone rotating fast enough to be nearly invisible. Especially if sky-colored.
    . . A rotating mirrow/lense element and tiny cameras would be sufficient to make yourself an invisible gunner, possible blaming somebody else obviously in a position to be able having shot.

You can never stop civilians to go terrorist by forbidding weapons. It just makes it a bit harder to bypass laws.
    . . . you can only forbit commonly used things and then you have to enforce the law.

Not that I want to promote weapons, I just think it's wrong to render big numbers of humans helpless.

Things I would forbid are things that are improperly secured against use by immature and foreign peoples.

EDIT: Please only discuss weapon use of civilians in a classification, not go completely offtopic!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And no USA country allows peoples to own a gun and shot intruders into their home? No medival was able to use a fork as weapon or build himself a cheap bow?

IRL in space age you may dock an asteroid, go FTL and unleash it at a military target...

Weapons always existed, exists and will exist.

You could even use laser pointer as a weapon though they are not illegal (yet).
    You can use information as a weapon to let one kill another.

You can use toys like flying drones with a handy-cam and WLAN controller as a weapon to throw acid on somebody.
    . . . make parts of a drone rotating fast enough to be nearly invisible. Especially if sky-colored.
    . . A rotating mirrow/lense element and tiny cameras would be sufficient to make yourself an invisible gunner, possible blaming somebody else obviously in a position to be able having shot.

You can never stop civilians to go terrorist by forbidding weapons. It just makes it a bit harder to bypass laws.
    . . . you can only forbit commonly used things and then you have to enforce the law.

Not that I want to promote weapons, I just think it's wrong to render big numbers of humans helpless.

Things I would forbid are things that are improperly secured against use by immature and foreign peoples.

EDIT: Please only discuss weapon use of civilians in a classification, not go completely offtopic!
    Hypocrisy police, arrest this man!

Status
    Not open for further replies.