USD With Pickup Rail Countermeasures.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    USD with pickup rail countermeasures.

Pickup rail countermeasure logic is framed within the door. As soon as the docker gets docked, the activator turns on the clock, the clock's Not and AND are connected back to the docker so it detaches whatever tried to pick it up pretty much instantly. Turn the pink activator on the left off and the clock no longer functions allowing the dock to function as normal.

On the right the rail can only be docked to when the pink marked activator on the right is on, it turns the shootout rail to a pickup rail. The activator on the rail connects to the NOT then to the button which resets the system only after the ship has undocked, ie as soon as a ship manually undocks the shootout rail is turned back on. Theoretically it'd be good for public docks where you only want to allow a single docking event. The system can also be used to undock any ship and shoot it off. It's good for a bunch of defensive drones on a station which can all be undocked quickly and shot away from the station so they don't collide with it when issued orders... mostly.
    A similar reset mechanisim that is on the rail can be used on the docker to allow a once only dock and then reset the system, so a drone that is ejected from a station can have it's anti dock mechanism turned on automatically after undocking. I haven't added it here to keep the logic as straight forward as possible.
    I would love to see if anyone here can successfully exploit this USD with the pickup rail tactic. Let me know if you manage it. ;)

Reactions: Fays

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    1 That red rail does nothing unless the regular rail of the USD is facing downwards.
    2 Green rail does nothing unless there is a "pickup point" block touching it
    2a pickup points are activated/deactivated via linked activation blocks if that's your jam

All I'm saying is your logic either needs a ~half dozen more blocks to make pickup/shootout actually do something, or half dozen less blocks because useless blocks are useless.

(y)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    1 That red rail does nothing unless the regular rail of the USD is facing downwards.
    2 Green rail does nothing unless there is a "pickup point" block touching it
    2a pickup points are activated/deactivated via linked activation blocks if that's your jam

All I'm saying is your logic either needs a ~half dozen more blocks to make pickup/shootout actually do something, or half dozen less blocks because useless blocks are useless.

(y)
    1. Wrong. The shootout rail when changed from a pickup rail will shoot out any ship docked to that point with that layout. I guarantee it. I've been using this setup for the last year. It's never failed.
    2. Correct. Sort of. It won't shoot the docked entity off.
    3. Pickup rail has nothing to do with this setup. Why don't you try it and see for yourself before jumping to conclusions.

Edit: Just to prove the point...

Edit 2: Just so we're clear. This is a manual dock. It is not intended to have an automatic pickup. Those don't work on stations not that I should need to mention that...

Last edited:
    Reactions: DrTarDIS
    Reaction score
    Interesting setup. It'd kinda counter the grappler arm thing I've used in the past lol nifty. If I were to use that on my ship I might pair the USD with a particular ship via wifi... if the ships wifi signal doesn't transmit the 'docked' signal to match at the same time as the USD's, it triggers the auto launch.