The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The crane is too big and not arm looking. :p

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    yeah i figure the cargo it way too big, that's why the crane arm is big....
    we need a standardized cargo first, any ideas?
    What do you mean by "Standardized Cargo" though

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    What do you mean by "Standardized Cargo" though
    just like the USD, i am thinking we should have a or a few standardized sized cargo box,
    so we can attach those cargo box into different ships. ie. if default factions (pirate, and more in the future.)'s ship
    also use standardized cargo boxes, when we hurt pirate and get loot, we can attach the whole cargo box into our ship directly.

Reactions: NeonSturm

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    just like the USD, i am thinking we should have a or a few standardized sized cargo box,
    so we can attach those cargo box into different ships. ie. if default factions (pirate, and more in the future.)'s ship
    also use standardized cargo boxes, when we hurt pirate and get loot, we can attach the whole cargo box into our ship directly.
    We shouldn't, every ship will always have a different amount of cargo, and the crane shouldn't grab the cargo, but rather the entire ship, and dock it to the station :p

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    We shouldn't, every ship will always have a different amount of cargo, and the crane shouldn't grab the cargo, but rather the entire ship, and dock it to the station :p
    i am thinking about these:

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i am thinking about these:
    Those are containers, not the cargo space for a ship. :p

But yes, we should.

How about 5x5x~10? Not sure exactly how long it should be, but that can be figured out

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    3x3y3z cargo would have few problems being transported through slightly bigger interiors ways.
    • Edge and corner blocks contain USD docking and Wedgets/Corners.
    • With core, thruster and power it can have 3-4 storage-blocks accessible from the sides depending whether the core takes up one side-face's centre.
    3x3y5z is rotate-able and fits into smaller ships (fighter, shuttle, escape-jumper maybe) but could have a hard time navigating around edges in the interior space.
    • When you fly the container like a basic ship.
    • Or have rails in the bigger hallways of your ship.
    • With core, 2-3 thruster and 1 power it can have 1..3 storage blocks linked to 3 crates.
    5x5y5z = 125 blocks with 27 blocks covered if you want to hide crates at all costs.
    5x5y7z = 175 blocks with 45 blocks covered.
    • Far superior to 5x5y5z, still small enough to fit nearly everywhere, but inefficient space usage.
    5x5y10z = 250 blocks with 72 blocks covered
    • Far superior to 5x5y7z, but they can be difficult to get around edges inside tight transportation tubes due to their length.
    11x9y15z = 1485 blocks with 819 covered.
    • The first sizes with an acceptable ratio of covered blocks compared to investment into casing, core, thrusters+power (self-moving cargo), rails, storage.
    When I look at the numbers and think what rotations have the best flexibility, 3x3y5z and 11x9y15z are my favourites.
    • 3x3y5z being the rear space inside your car - or shuttle.
    • 11x9y15z being a decent container with room for decoration in the walls/floor/ceiling and logic hidden in the ceiling (see it as mobile living quarters which you can exchange for cargo space or power reactors)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    If oyu build a universal cargo crane then I´ll build a multiversal cargo crane.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...Multiversal Cargo Crane... A universal cargo crane that can also throw things through a warpgate? :p

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    On my ships, I currently use a standardized container for cargo called a "Mobile Warehouse Module". It's a 19 x 19 x 11 meter box that stores cargo and automatically sorts it. I tend to design my ships around the module so they can all carry at least one of them.

Nice crane though. I must admit; that's a bit more advanced than my methods. Then again, you are a logic guru...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    My current standard for cargo crates is 24*14*14, it has an internal cargo volume of 2K blocks = 200k cargo volume by current settings.

Full range of mounting points, allowing it to dock from each face and also have crates dock to each face.
    Enough thrust to enable fine positioning even with a full load.
    Small amount of room for auxiliary and logic control systems.
    Capable of holding 20mil Ore/Shard, 8mil minerals, or 2mil of any standard .10 mass block.

It will be some time and design changes before I finalise my personal standard, but I don't think I will be changing drastically.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When I think about USD-C, I think of a container that sits on the outside of a ship, held in by Magical Metal Beams of Holding Stuff ©

3x3y3z cargo would have few problems being transported through slightly bigger interiors ways.
    • Edge and corner blocks contain USD docking and Wedgets/Corners.
    • With core, thruster and power it can have 3-4 storage-blocks accessible from the sides depending whether the core takes up one side-face's centre.
    3x3y5z is rotate-able and fits into smaller ships (fighter, shuttle, escape-jumper maybe) but could have a hard time navigating around edges in the interior space.
    • When you fly the container like a basic ship.
    • Or have rails in the bigger hallways of your ship.
    • With core, 2-3 thruster and 1 power it can have 1..3 storage blocks linked to 3 crates.
    5x5y5z = 125 blocks with 27 blocks covered if you want to hide crates at all costs.
    5x5y7z = 175 blocks with 45 blocks covered.
    • Far superior to 5x5y5z, still small enough to fit nearly everywhere, but inefficient space usage.
    5x5y10z = 250 blocks with 72 blocks covered
    • Far superior to 5x5y7z, but they can be difficult to get around edges inside tight transportation tubes due to their length.
    11x9y15z = 1485 blocks with 819 covered.
    • The first sizes with an acceptable ratio of covered blocks compared to investment into casing, core, thrusters+power (self-moving cargo), rails, storage.
    When I look at the numbers and think what rotations have the best flexibility, 3x3y5z and 11x9y15z are my favourites.
    • 3x3y5z being the rear space inside your car - or shuttle.
    • 11x9y15z being a decent container with room for decoration in the walls/floor/ceiling and logic hidden in the ceiling (see it as mobile living quarters which you can exchange for cargo space or power reactors)
    That would solve a significant number of problems with various sizes, without having to worry about fitting it nicely in interiors, make it sit on the outside, similar to an IRL cargo ship.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Last edited: