US server crashings

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the official US server after abut 2 mins, gives me an error message saying "server doesn't answer!"

i want to know why.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The server is being used as a testing server. It only has 1GB RAM, and memory leaks will cause it to be filled up after some time of running with multiple players on there. If a process in linux runs out of memory, it resorts to the so-called swapping, where hard disk space is used as memory, which is obviously very slow. A server restart fixes the problem, but not the cause.
    I'm working very hard on fixing the memory leaks, which I can only do since now, because identifying the leaks requires real multiplayer usage data, and just now the US server is providing me with that valuable information. I'll fix up those leaks one at a time, and with every fix, the long time performance of the server will get better, until it eventually has no more leak and will run without having to be restarted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the actual server today. we were running the game on a dell with 1g of ram... This server is much better :D