[Update 9] 1:1 USS Vengeance [Star Trek Into Darkness]

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    He gonna go all Nero and burn stuff down while playing music?

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    well, well.
    I'd like to point out that it survived that crash 'mostly' intact. Sure they would have to re-attach the saucer but they have done bigger fix up jobs than that in Star Trek :P

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I'd like to point out that it survived that crash 'mostly' intact. Sure they would have to re-attach the saucer but they have done bigger fix up jobs than that in Star Trek :p
    It also didn't crash because of the damage enterprise did to it, it crashed because Khan set a collision course for starfleet HQ, it would have probably remained in orbit if he hadn't done that.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yeah it is one tough starship,
    hopefully when my computer is upgraded, I could recreate this scene with the actual 1:1 scaled ships. There is already a jj 1:1 enterprise so now it is just a vengeance :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It also didn't crash because of the damage enterprise did to it, it crashed because Khan set a collision course for starfleet HQ, it would have probably remained in orbit if he hadn't done that.
    Considering that the enterprise started falling out of the sky I assume that it wasn't in orbit but artificially maintained up there by some anti gravity device. So no, the vengeance would have fallen too even if khan hadn't decided to kamikaze :P

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The Vengeance took large amounts of damage but I don't think a Dreadnought would have only one device to keep it in orbit. It would feature several placed throughout the ship.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Here is a great example as to how big this stuff gets. Sure when you look at the JJprise its big but then you look up....

Reaction score
    nice. shes looking good. was that all in game or was there some movie magic involved in making the vengeance that big?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    nice. shes looking good. was that all in game or was there some movie magic involved in making the vengeance that big?
    Deadlis told me it's all ingame (minus the lense flare he is dead proud of), he had to cut the front of your saucer section off though to make it work, just goes to show how little JJ cared about continuity ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Saw the move for a while ago and just had to search this ship up on here, im gonna just say im not disapointed

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Update Time! Yay! :D!

I've been sitting on the deflector control room for about a month now and I decided to throw it in with the rest of the updates. I'll start off with some things that have been updated that haven't gotten their own updates in quite a while.

The Bridge during Red Alert. The rest of the ship also goes into Red Alert when its called on the bridge. It's standard Starfleet procedure to make it so your bridge officers can't see where the f*** they're walking and bump into things during an emergency.

Blast doors close over the entire 3 deck high command tower of the Vengeance during Red Alert. ^-^

Main shot of Deflector Control situated directly behind the deflector.

Another Shot of the actual 'meat' behind the deflector dish. ^-^

Energy Beams because why not?!... Lets be honest, they're probably Tachyons...

The main shuttle bay of Vengeance, still trying to come up with a variety of different auxiliary craft to fill it with >.> so it's mostly empty right now.

Another shot of the obnoxiously large Shuttle Bay.

The main runway that shuttles raise to from the giant door and fly out the still unfinished shuttle bay door I've been arguing with the shape of for a very long time >.>

A shot of the sub-optimal cranes to load and offload stored runabouts and cargo.

The larger than originally intended multi-level shuttle traffic control tower. I have officially dubbed it: "The Fish Tank"
    It's extremely empty because I have no clue what to even start putting in it xD

A shot of the about 95% complete nacelles. I'm still unhappy with the Pylons. They're missing something, I just haven't decided what yet.

The finished nacelle exhaust that I took creative freedom with because the actual exhaust is just a big boring blue wall >.>

A nice dorsal shot of the entire ship, really starting to come together :D

And here's a nice little bonus screenshot of the entrance to one of the officer's quarters inside the ship xD

Reactions: Rumcajz and Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! I really thought that you abandoned the project, which would have been a shame.