UNOFFICIAL TANK CONTEST! Create your war-tanks here!

How much do you like tanks?

• I absolutely LOVE 'em!!

Votes: 18 54.5%
    • I think they're cool!

Votes: 15 45.5%
    • Eh, kind of mixed...

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I'm not a big fan...

• NOOOO! NO GOD, PLEASE NO!!!

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    NOTE: THIS CONTEST IS NOT OFFICIAL. I AM NOT ASSOCIATED WITH SCHINE OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE STARMADE TEAM.

Normal.png Hello, Markus_McCloud here!

So a friend of mine made some awesome-looking tanks like this

I absolutely LOVE tanks! I can't get enough of them! So, to show you just how much, I'm hosting a Tank Creation contest!

The rules are simple: You upload a ship tank to starmadedock.net, link it here, and give a brief summary about it. Then, at the conclusion, I'll choose three winners for first place, second place, and third place (though I'll likely include honorable mentions). Unfortunately, I don't really have a prize for the winners, so if you were expecting a free game or money, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

I'll keep my criteria short and sweet:
    -It can have as many turrets as you'd like, but there must be an obvious primary cannon.
    -Size does not matter. You can make a huge leviathan or a tiny scout tank.
    -"Hover-Tanks" are A-OK (After all, they're still technically ships).
    -The main turret can be whatever you'd like (e.g. SAMs, Anti-Aircraft, etc.)
    -It HAS to be your own design. Don't steal someone else's design.
    -The weapons don't have to be insanely powerful, but they do have to function.
    -BOBBY AIs are recommended, but not required.
    -both Rail Turret Axes and the old Turret Docker Modules are permitted.
    -Lastly, it has to look at least vaguely like a tank. (i.e. someone who has never played this game would still call it a tank on first glance)

If it's not mentioned in my rules, it's allowed.

For the post itself, you'll need a hyper-link, picture/thumbnail, and a brief summary that includes weapons, their slaves and/or effects, and any other systems on-board.

I'll close this contest on March 25th, so please post away!

░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is now building a StarMade army. We are doomed!

▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/

Il███████████████████]. /▌

◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \

UPDATE: OK, I've got it! I now have an idea for the main prize. Bear in mind that it's a bit small, but you have to consider that I have the budget of a ham sandwich... But enough about me.
    The winner will be the very first to receive a small game I'm developing. It's called "StarCade: A Starmade Retro Arcade". It'll just be a small Game Maker game, but I feel as though having no grand prize is a bit
    disappointing. It'll essentially be an homage to Namco's Bosconian.

UPDATE 2: I'm extending the deadline for the contest to April 1st (Despite selecting that date, no. this isn't an April Fools joke) due to site issues. Please keep on submitting!

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

CNY Light Assault Tank​

CNY Light Assault Tank M-1

Impervious to most firearms and featuring high suspension this tank is capable of atmospheric deployments without aid and can plow through a large number of hostiles with ease. It comes equipped with a powerful dual cannon mounted to the top and two rear tread mounted turrets for dealing with flanking infantry or vehicles.

• Missiles as cannons
    • Anti-Light Firearms Shielding
    • Tread Mounted AP Turrets

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Tiny tank squad with two SPG thingies and a small tank. (Builders were Azeriah, Lecic, Jaas, and me or something like that, just crediting us all because why not)

These tanks were made for an event, on the NFD build server, called Triathlon, where two teams participated in a fighter team battle, a capital team battle, and a ground team battle with a few tanks.
    Someone (Who didnt think at all) spawned in some tanks that hadnt been tested and spawned the old version of these 2 tank versions but here's 1hour and 20 minutes ground battle if you're bored

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    It is old, but it should satisfy your criteria for a tank:

It is mostly an aesthetic build, but if friction is implemented, and they fixed the bug with turrets, It should in theory be able to walk on a flat surface. If you have trouble with the wireless blocks just let me know I will try to update it.
    Mecha_Tank

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I created this for this contest.

This tank features a gun (Cc) with a muzzle brake and recoil effect. The gun and acceleration/deceleration can be contoled from within the cupola on top of the turret, which has a rudimentary interior.
    The acceleration/deceleration is handled via logic activated passive push/pull effects. Because of this maybe a bit unusual setup this tank doesn't come with AI (except for the gun/turret).

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Purchased!
    I created this for this contest.

This tank features a gun (Cc) with a muzzle brake and recoil effect. The gun and acceleration/deceleration can be contoled from within the cupola on top of the turret, which has a rudimentary interior.
    The acceleration/deceleration is handled via logic activated passive push/pull effects. Because of this maybe a bit unusual setup this tank doesn't come with AI (except for the gun/turret).
    That looks awesome!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Hello again, everyone!
    Sad.png The site was having issues, probably making it hard to submit for the contest... As such, the deadline has slipped by...
    Laughter.png Never fear, the NEW deadline is here! In case you didn't notice the update at the top, the deadline is now April 1st! Keep on submitting!

On a different note, I have an idea for the next contest in case tanks were not your forte. :D

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It is old, but it should satisfy your criteria for a tank:

It is mostly an aesthetic build, but if friction is implemented, and they fixed the bug with turrets, It should in theory be able to walk on a flat surface. If you have trouble with the wireless blocks just let me know I will try to update it.
    Mecha_Tank
    I think they fixed the turret bug, if you mean that one you reported happening to the chicken-leg styled walker you made. :) Dang, if we get friction just imagine the ground-battles...

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Purchased!
    I think they fixed the turret bug, if you mean that one you reported happening to the chicken-leg styled walker you made. :) Dang, if we get friction just imagine the ground-battles...
    Looks like I have some revisiting to do then!

Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Embarrased.png Hey guys.
    Um, I've hit a few snags in my personal life, so judging might take longer than expected. I'm sorry.
    Laughter.png But I also have some GREAT news! I've been accepted to Neumont University, and they're even offering me a $15K scholarship!

When I get around to it, the results will be posted here, MeRobo.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Normal.png
    Well, since I was later than springtime in Canada, I'll accept late entries without hesitation. Again, sorry about the delay!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Happy.png ALL RIGHT! I've kept you waiting long enough! It's time to reveal the winner!

3rd Place:
    Kivi ground assault transport MARK I
    (Psst! You forgot a picture!)
    The color scheme is well-done, and it feels like a solid Anti-air/Anti-personnel machine. And since you were as late as I was, I'll accept it.

2nd Place:
    Tank by MeRobo

I'll be honest, I'd probably smear Brown Hull Dye all over my pants if this thing motored up to my front door. This is absolutely terrifying (in a good way).

I'm not too fond of the steering and firing system, though. Still, this monster is intimidating and well-made; props to you. :D

And the Winner is...
    Spess Main Battle Tank by AltaUnam!

This tank looks and steers great! I'm definitely having a squad of these defending my base!

My only gripe is having trouble getting out of it, but that's probably the game's fault, not yours.

Sad.png Now for the bad news. I thought I'd have time to throw together a game before this contest ended, but my life sort of got in the way.
    Sheepish.png Hopefully, you'll accept this as an apology prize:
    starmade-screenshot-0002 (2).png
    It's your winning tank given blue racing stripes! (Please ignore those ships in the BG, I was goofing off with fleets.)
    @AltaUnam: Could you contact me in Conversations and send me your email so I can send you your prize (If, in fact, you want it...)? Thank you!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1461809203,1461808656][/DOUBLEPOST] Laughter.png
    Seriously, though: Everyone here is a winner in my book! Thank you for submitting your creations to my humble contest! You don't know how much this means to me!

And while you're here, why not take a glance at my new contest here?
    McCloudCorps' Next Contest!