Universe Won't load giving a "Run time exception"

Reaction score
    Every time I go to load this particular universe it gives me a "Run time exception". Not sure what to do.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    search for the logs folder inside your starmade install
    there should be a file named "logstarmade.0.log" in there after one of those failed starts
    drag and drop that file into an answer here (you might have to zip it first)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    thats a server logfile .. without anything unusual in it as far as i can see.

are you starting a dedicated server and try to login from a different PC ?
    isnt the server shown as available then ?
    if it is, then the client logfile would be the place for the error to search for .. i think ! (logstarmade.0.log)

Reaction score
    As far as i'm aware its a single player / local player universe and the logstarmade.o.log file does not seem to appear in the logs folder after the universe fails to load. I'm also just using my laptop to play the game.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    cant be .. that logfile than would contain both server and client information if you are starting a singleplayer game ... and it would be created long before you are even starting that singleplayer game (it would already log the startup of the main menu)

if it is realy not there .. then waht os are you using and where did you install starmade ?

Reaction score
    My OS is Windows 8.1 and I believe I've installed it to my documents folder.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    no problem like that is known with Win8.1 .. however the documents folder might require specific permissions (which are not necessarily given to a random JavaVM)
    please install to a folder like "c:/Starmade/Game" (and maybe place the Launcher in c:/starmade then) and try again.