Universe Gone

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This I kind of two problems is one as one leads to the other. When I use the v14 launcher to update my StarMade game it dumps all the files into a .starmade directory in the same folder as the jar. I have to manually copy the updated files over to my StarMade install folder. So today I copied over the updated files and started the game and all my structures were gone. I still had my inventory but the station I was working on and my ships were gone. I dug around in the server database folder enough to determent that the files for the ships and station are still in there but they don't appear in game. Also my progress on the galactic map was wiped but that is minor. Any ideas or suggestions would help. Also in my infinite wisdom and trust that it would work, I didn't backup the files before over writing them.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes this should be a linux issue.

You most likely encounter

Issue #970 - Linux: Updating creates mirror folder - original untouched

A workaround is to create a link from .StarMade to StarMade and virtually melt those folders into each other.
    Then it works fine.

- Andy

Reaction score
    If it is that bug I personally would suggest doing item 11 from my comment there, if the install location is the default location. This would also have to be done after a switch to another installation, so if you're doing that from time to time, go with Andy's suggestion.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes I am on Linux, so I will see if i can get the work around to work.

Reaction score
    I just noticed a mistake in my post. Replacing "unless" by "if" (default location).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well I think I know why all the stuff in my Universe is gone. I overwrote the index files. Is there anyway to manually edit the index files to reinstate the structures. I have all the structure files they just aren't used.

EDIT:
    Disregard previous part of post I will just restart from scratch. But when ever I try to use AndyP's workaround of linking the Starmade folder to the Starmade. folder I get a null pointer exception when starting the game.

Last edited: