Stike7g5

Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    No, im saying that serene's discord is fucking dead in terms of activity and therefore needs no moderation.
    This is also true. Sadly a lot of our builders have run into complications, whether it be education, dead PC's, or anticipation of new game changing updates. But so goes the whoas of most builders

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    the drive to bring serenity in the community
    People don't want serenity, they want good mods who know the community and are smart enough to make just judgments and stand up for them.

Stike7g5

Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    People don't want serenity, they want good mods who know the community and are smart enough to make just judgments and stand up for them.
    Serenity in its essence is the ultimate goal for a Moderator to attain within a community. Rules and Guidelines are set in place to follow by all members of the community big or small. No one is above what is agreed to by signing up for any website, social or online community. Serenity is what I feel the best way to describe as to doing what is right for the community. Bringing peaceful, fair, and clear justice for all. That is why I say that bringing serenity to the community is the utmost importance to a mod. We need to be seen, respected but also represent and respect the community aswell. Moderators are not placed above others to say what they should be doing, but among the community guiding them, assisting them, and protecting them to reach a new and better horizon.

Daeridanii

Detail Devil
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, good luck. I have the feeling that you'll need it.

A quick tip: perhaps this is just personal opinion, but I would drop stuff like this:
    So on the honour of Mandalore, I pledge myself...
    One thing I respect greatly in moderation and similar roles is the ability to conduct oneself in a professional and focused manner; and quite frankly, quoting Star Wars planets appears neither professional nor focused.

I wish you luck in your endeavors to make SMD a more serene community! :))

Stike7g5

Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well, good luck. I have the feeling that you'll need it.

A quick tip: perhaps this is just personal opinion, but I would drop stuff like this:

One thing I respect greatly in moderation and similar roles is the ability to conduct oneself in a professional and focused manner; and quite frankly, quoting Star Wars planets appears neither professional nor focused.

I wish you luck in your endeavors to make SMD a more serene community! :))

Yes I quoted a Star Wars Planet within my reply, but I also quoted a culture. Mandalore, and her people the Mandalorian's are fiercely loyal and greatly honourable. So much so that often times enough a Mandalorian would rather perish than to go back on a promise or a contract. When A Mandalorian promises to do something, they do it. And that is what I was getting at. I do recognize not everyone knows this about the Mandalorian culture and society, and probably should have made a different reference.

Last edited:

Stike7g5

Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This a test for a new potential text color, I do hope its not to vexing.