Unable to connect to singleplayer or multiplayer games

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hi All,

I've been looking into this now for a couple of days and I've found no solution that works.

When I launch Starmade, doesn't matter if I select singleplayer or multiplayer, when I click OK to start the game I just get a box that says 'Connecting' and that's it... It never actually connects to anything.

I've looked at the logs, and from what I can tell, when launching singleplayer, the "server" part starts, but the client part just never connects.

Troubleshooting steps so far.

• Ran Launcher as administrator (outside of steam)
    • Ran Steam as administrator
    • Re-downloaded game files (multiple times)
    • Updated Java to the latest version
    • Ran the game file from C:\Starmade (I usually run all my games from D:)
    • Disable AV (just in case)
    I've attached a screengrab of the "Connecting" windows (It make fascinating viewing), and one of the log files.

The version I'm currently running is v0.19361; build 20150802_160440.

I can supply hardware specs, but the starmadechecker.exe tools, tells me starmade will work.

I hope this issue can be fixed, as I loved playing starmade when it first came out....

Thank you in advance,

BigBarruda

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    Are you able to start a singleplayer sandbox game ?
    if yes, try to start a dedicated server (a mostly empty window should show up)
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    while that is running start the game again and connect to localhost
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    check if you did block java from accessing the Network (there is a pop up in windows when you start a java program that needs that the first time)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    In answer to your first question, I'm glad you didn't take the time to read the post...

When I launch Starmade, doesn't matter if I select singleplayer or multiplayer, when I click OK to start the game I just get a box that says 'Connecting' and that's it... It never actually connects to anything.
    And I have tried running a local dedicated server and connecting to it locally, to no avail.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    singleplayer and multiplayer and local dedicated server are basically the same.
    even the singleplayer sandbox starts a dedicated server.
    but i wanted to make sure we are talking about the same thing here.

so from that i do assume you did block java from accessing your own network (localhost is 127.0.0.1 as IP).
    the only thing i know that is doing that is a firewall (even the windows firewall) so i would advice you do check that.
    sorry if i cant be of more help here than give a general advice.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The dedicate server part starts fine from what I can tell from the logs... But the client just doesn't connect...

The windows firewall is off, and no, I didn't block Java from access the localhost loopback....

Reaction score
    • Tester
    makes not much sense then :/

are you using any unusual devices or specific drivers for keyboard/mouse with colored light effects?
    any pheripheral not needed that can be disabled for a test (including their software) (joysticks/wheels/additional Keyboards and so on)