UCC Stealth Tech

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I run the default 50km/h so I don\'t ever have to worry about not being able to reach higher speeds. I do really hate that even though the Soot has perma cloak/jam it just doesn\'t stay active. The power bar doesn\'t move at all and you could be sitting perfectly still and the cloak and/or jam just turns off

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay so 1st off Im a stealth junky and build them constantly.

2nd stealth ships require math (ill explain)

now onto why they turn off is because you\'re exceeding the power limit on youre ship, just like weapons without enough power STORAGE you cannot perma cloak and jam no matter your power regen without tanks.

after doing math 20,000 (base power storage) / 150 (power needed to perma cloak and jam a block) you get 133.3 blocks so the highest number of blocks a stealth ship can be without adding tanks is roughly 130 to save power for thrusters and such....

If you dont believe me just try a stealth ship with more blocks and no tanks.

As a side note:
    This does mean both those ships will never ever ever perma cloak and jam without tanks, however they could maybe do one at a time. Sorry to tell ya.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    First of all the cloak + jam consumes 1500 e/sec which would mean you would only be able to build a ship out of 13 blocks before needing power tanks, and you would need several hundred power tanks before you even see significant gain, so permacloak would actually be impossible. Because cloak and radar both consume power over time they should be able to cloak or jam indefinitely as long as your power generation is higher then the drain. The problem is a result of lag and the client and server becoming de-synced. When I fly my Ash on my local server it is nearly completely reliable but the same exact ship on another server is very unreliable, identical ships but one is more reliable in a situation where there is no lag. If it was a case of the ship not having enough power storage then it would act the same regardless of lag conditions.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You want:

• power production to fill storage = power production - as permanent registered drain

Power storage to catch fluctuations in your electricity.

• Maybe 10%

But you get: a buggy behaviour.