UCC Stealth Tech

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Our engineers have been hard at work developing viable perma-cloak/jam fighting capable ships. Here are the ships in action.

J/K

S-796-A1 Ash (Stealth Attack Fighter)

The Ash Stealth attack fighter is fairly large for a fighter but to in order to have any armor at all the size was increased during the prototype phase until a balance was found between form and function. She is capable of full speed flight while actively cloaked and jamming.

S-2734-A1 Soot (Stealth Attack Corvette) AKA The Soot-flake or Black Snowflake

The Soot-flake uses 4 proprietary unlinked coil reactors as it's main power source and several auxiliary reactors built into more wings making the entire thing looks like a snowflake from hell. The Soot-flake is also capable of full speed flight while actively cloaked and jamming but seems to have trouble keeping a stable field (the lag related de-cloak un-jam bug).

Both ships use a short range AMC barrage method of attack to inflict maximum damage before disappearing into the dead of space.

Ash:

Mass: 79.6
    Length: 31m
    Height: 28m
    Width: 41m
    Thrust: 54.0
    Power: Standard
    E/Sec: 121288.4
    Shields: 3990
    S/Sec: 307

Armaments: 41 AMCs @ 35.8 DMG

Soot:

Mass: 273.4
    Length: 56m
    Height: 43m
    Width: 45m
    Thrust: 144.9
    E/Sec: 419888.6
    Shields: 18409.0
    S/Sec: 924

Armaments: 136 AMCs @ 35.8 DMG

Downloads!

UCC S-796-A1 Ash Fighter:
    http://star-made.org/node/11543

UCC S-2734-A1 Soot Corvette:
    http://star-made.org/node/11542

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Downloads!

UCC S-796-A1 Ash Fighter:
    http://star-made.org/node/11543

UCC S-2734-A1 Soot Corvette:
    http://star-made.org/node/11542

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Those are some awesomely cool looking ships. But, I have to ask, do they have any shields or weapons?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well i guess they do debris. You can see the AMC blocks on each one.

Not sure about shields though.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I packed as many shield modules into each ship as I could while still maintaining a stable cloak/jam. I\'ll get the stats for each ship shortly

Reaction score
    yeah im really liking the whole \"shotgun\" arrangement as i can cut through shields much faster. If you dont know already 5 separate AMCs do more DPH than 5 AMCs put together do. with optimizing 5 AMCs put together can do more DPS, but 5 separate AMCs will always do more DPH unless you put all the optimizatiom points into damage of course. XD

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'m not a huge fan of shotgun style weapons on my ships but it\'s the only effective weapon system that works with stealth ships as you can spread them out over the generator arms.

Ash:

Mass: 79.6
    Length: 31m
    Height: 28m
    Width: 41m
    Thrust: 54.0
    E/Sec: 121288.4
    Shields: 3990
    S/Sec: 307

Armaments: 41 AMCs @ 35.8 DMG

Soot:

Mass: 273.4
    Length: 56m
    Height: 43m
    Width: 45m
    Thrust: 144.9
    E/Sec: 419888.6
    Shields: 18409.0
    S/Sec: 924

Armaments: 136 AMCs @ 35.8 DMG

Reaction score
    Just tried out the soot, it shredded the scurvy ai before they knew i was there.

as for its anti capital capability, it killed a small frigates shields in moments but took forever to do anything to the hulls. i replaced half the AMCs with d1000 and it did ALOT more damage, drilling a 6-9 block-wide hole almost straight to the core.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ll have to experiment some with different armaments SD-KB missiles might work well as it being a stealth ship it should be working solo and not really have any trouble with friendly fire.

Reaction score
    King\'s Blood missiles would DEFINITELY be a great weapon for a stealth ship. Heat seekers sow chaos in a fleet because they can lock onto anything without warning. Here\'s a scenario for ya:

A group of fighters is patrolling an empty sector. Nothing but asteroids in the area. No shop or station on the radar. And the nearest planet is over five sectors away. The ships begin to move out, when one suddenly shouts about its shields abruptly going down. The next transmission is that the fighter who previously put out the alert has just been blown in half and the pilot is dead. Then, it appears. A bizarre ship black as the void. Fragile and weak-looking, it unleashes a storm of King\'s Blood missiles before vanishing into thin air. The fighters all scramble to avoid the tenacious heat-seekers, only for the stealth ship to appear again and fire another wave, this time punctuated by AMC fire. This repeats until the missiles core all but one of the fighters, who decides to run and live instead of fight this monstrosity. Then a salvage barge flies in from a nearby sector, harvests the fallen ships, and the stealth fighter vanishes into the void, resuming its silent patrol.

Sounds good, doesn\'t it?

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What is the biggest and smallest full cloak and jam ship who we can build in the game ?

Im sure you can show use that or ? :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    At first I was like \"I can\'t see it in the first screenshot\"

then I was like \"Ohhh... Dur, stealth ship.\"

I like the design at any rate.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The next update should allow stealth ships to utilize turrets, I see a stealth gunboat in my future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the ash is an amazing beautiful little fighter. im working on making it slightly larger and increasing the thrust significantly not being able to reach 150 is a bit of a drag. also experimenting with missle arrays.

the soots inability to stay cloaked or jammed consistantly is annoying. id be interested in switching out half the amc with missles as someone else has but the first priority would have to be increasing its thrust as its thrust ratio is even worse than the ash.