Type 0 Null Pointer Exception error

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Great, thank you, will try to set that up on our server tomorow.

- Andy

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So um, I can has player data wipe again to get me out of bugged sector (and maybe manually delete my faction so I can recreate it) as long as I promise not to go back to it again?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Done.
    [doublepost=1491055086,1491055051][/doublepost]Oh, and learn to tag. You don't link someones page, you @ them.

ie. @ Nauvran results in Nauvran

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Done.
    [doublepost=1491055086,1491055051][/doublepost]Oh, and learn to tag. You don't link someones page, you @ them.

ie. @ Nauvran results in Nauvran
    Hate to keep being a bother... but still need creative mode re-enabled, please.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Do it yourself, it's CBS, you're a limited admin.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And I think I need to just take this as evidence that I am not meant to be on Cake. The null pointer error has followed me to the new sector.

Attachments

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    And I think I need to just take this as evidence that I am not meant to be on Cake. The null pointer error has followed me to the new sector.
    Whatever you're trying to build on is probably the cause

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Whatever you're trying to build on is probably the cause
    Thats just it, this was something new that I've been working on in SP that I started after it started.

There shouldn't even have been anything left in the sector, as I had spawned in a ship from a blueprint and ended up using /destroy_entity on it (forgot _dock so I had to then kill the individual drones/turrets). It didn't crash while I was in, thought everything was good.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Uh Edymnion I think I caught your cold, haven;t played in a while and now can't log in
    [doublepost=1492738837,1492738450][/doublepost]Okay here is my starmade log from trying to log into cakebuild
    [doublepost=1492739913][/doublepost]Oh, once I tried to log into cake it effects every single server I try to log onto :/

Attachments

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I guess never-mind about the "cant log into any starmade server ever" bug for me cause it wont matter anymore for me for the foreseeable future right now.

If therimmer96 or Nauvran could make backups of some of my ships like "Dat Mast tho" the big brown cruiser with two hanger pods on the side, and the Talos shell that is slightly green, and send the files to this account that would be appreciated so they are not lost next time server restarts. I think Atra has a copy of the red roadster so its also not lost forever, someone has it.

I will be without computer or electronics for a while and cant back up anything myself currently still, and time has run out. Thanks in advance rimmer and/or nauv, and hopefully I will be back in a few months (optimism!)

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I guess never-mind about the "cant log into any starmade server ever" bug for me cause it wont matter anymore for me for the foreseeable future right now.

If therimmer96 or Nauvran could make backups of some of my ships like "Dat Mast tho" the big brown cruiser with two hanger pods on the side, and the Talos shell that is slightly green, and send the files to this account that would be appreciated so they are not lost next time server restarts. I think Atra has a copy of the red roadster so its also not lost forever, someone has it.

I will be without computer or electronics for a while and cant back up anything myself currently still, and time has run out. Thanks in advance rimmer and/or nauv, and hopefully I will be back in a few months (optimism!)
    oh fuck, sorry Arti.
    I'll just go delete your playerdata so you can get back on the server and save your stuff.
    I'll also see if I cant save your ship sometime later but it should all still be there until you get back.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    hopped on a school computer while mine is in the shop, and tried to log on. It worked, but as soon as I tried to save the ship "hot rod" to local I crashed and am locked out again.

Nauvran therimmer96 could you reset my player data again so I can log in, I just wont save that ship this time, and see if I get another error or not.
    [doublepost=1494357597,1494357055][/doublepost]Oh and here is the log of when I logged on, you can see the crash at the very end when I went to save it. What does that mean?

Attachments

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    hopped on a school computer while mine is in the shop, and tried to log on. It worked, but as soon as I tried to save the ship "hot rod" to local I crashed and am locked out again.

Nauvran therimmer96 could you reset my player data again so I can log in, I just wont save that ship this time, and see if I get another error or not.
    [doublepost=1494357597,1494357055][/doublepost]Oh and here is the log of when I logged on, you can see the crash at the very end when I went to save it. What does that mean?
    We're on it.