Turrets

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Why not have a turret thread eh?

So my first question is, can you make turrets that are salvagers, as in set it to Turret:Target instead of Turret:Any.

Also, why not share some turret designs, ideas, and theories here.
    If I don't get an answer I'll just make one and test it myself tomorrow.

Reaction score
    you can have salvage turrets, the AI doesn't work with them though. so you will have to man the turret yourself or get a friend to do it.

Reaction score
    It is fun though to have a friend in a turret nomming things as you fly around~

Less efficient than if you each have a salvage ship but more fun from an rp standpoint.

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    True, I would like to have enough turrets for each faction member to be in one.

Reaction score
    All I can imagine...

Is this monstrosity of constantly firing salvage lasers spinning about with disco music blaring and as they salvage everyone yelling on mumble or teamspeak about Moar dakka!!! Or something else equally unintelligable.

It would be glorious.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    All I can imagine...

Is this monstrosity of constantly firing salvage lasers spinning about with disco music blaring and as they salvage everyone yelling on mumble or teamspeak about Moar dakka!!! Or something else equally unintelligable.

It would be glorious.
    As they fly, the oddly heavy disco musics beat thumps; dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Blasting Big Room House music because screw you, salvaging rave lasers all over the place, logic blocks making flashing lights, etc. I want this to happen.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My 1mil DPS shotgun uses 48mil power per click.
    So it used around 600-850mil power per click depending on his setup.

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the point of a large Titan Class Carrier is to power all the ships and have defense. Currently it only has about 19m regen 12.5b storage, but i plan to upgrade this in the future. that way it can have a 9m dps minimum in a full 360 arc.

so ya, 48m power sounds about right on a 1m DPS shotgun....
    btw I want a shotgun/sniper combo -.- making that later

Reaction score
    I think AI using the beam things are in the works. Would be a great thing to have Dave and friends do so that it is not super abusable. But maybe beams should be optimized a bit, along with removing blocks in mass amounts (large salvagers).

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I agree, the only reason I want AI to be able to salvage is I like making all purpose ships and/or ships that have docks to make them interchangeable in the roles they play.

Reaction score
    Personally, I prefer a turret that has a good stylish look to it (edit: I love the ones Keptick posted while I was typing this up haha! - especially how he made those ice crystal cables!) ^_^ I prolly spend more time tinkering with the trim details than I do the actual weapon systems haha! :p

I haven't made a Titan turret yet tho... my largest so far is my tri-barrelled Dahak Planetary Lance, which sits at 3.7k mass and does about 60k dps at 3km. I also gave it a decent onboard power storage/regen capability (132k/485k e/sec), which is prolly excessive for that size turret. I was aiming for a specific look more than anything. :D

If you're interested, there's some more images of the Dahak here: http://imgur.com/a/z91pb

Reactions: Keptick

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    lol keptick, I already seen your turrets, and they are pretty awesome =)

Reaction score
    you can have salvage turrets, the AI doesn't work with them though. so you will have to man the turret yourself or get a friend to do it.
    Can salvage beams be activated by activator blocks? All the AI would need to do is look at the selected target and the salvage beams could pulse at it automatically.

Reaction score
    Can salvage beams be activated by activator blocks? All the AI would need to do is look at the selected target and the salvage beams could pulse at it automatically.
    I have not tried the new dev build so I wouldn't know. however, the ai will not turn towards your target if there is salvagers on the turret (or I think that was the case when I tried to test it, which you should try and test aswell)