Turrets causing massive server PING

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hi all,

Still getting massive server PINGS in the thousands. This is directly related to the new turret / rail system.
    Turrets trying to move to engage a target and causing collision.

This is tested on the new release when in a server on my own.

The only solution restart the server and mothball the ship.
    I would say this is urgent as the only solution is a server restart and forces ships with turrets mounted in such a way in the side of a ship (broadside) that collision takes place.

Of course an alternative is to only make turrets in such a way so that collision cannot take place, but then that makes the new system a fail as the bug dictates the game.

This has been an issue since the release of the new rail system and is still game breaking.
    Boo hiss

Reaction score
    Im sure your testing his BP by now but I can confirm this as well. I also have a large ship that docks to a city and when it dose holy crap, lag spikes from hell till its completed its docking/landing. Rails = well overdue and much appreciated but there actual use and functionality seems to cause more issues then the old system did

Reaction score
    Im sure your testing his BP by now but I can confirm this as well. I also have a large ship that docks to a city and when it dose holy crap, lag spikes from hell till its completed its docking/landing. Rails = well overdue and much appreciated but there actual use and functionality seems to cause more issues then the old system did
    I get a very regular server busy lag spike when my larger ships (not too big really, only 6 turrets) docks to my starbase. Undock and I get far fewer spikes. I had to move my SB as well. It was in an asteroid area and when they spawned, the system would constantly time out, especially if my ships were docked.

Reaction score
    I have the same issue on an MP server. A few things ive noticed.... Not having any AI crew seems to make it better, but only slightly. Leaving the sector for a while then coming back has a chance to eliminate the issue for a while (it will come back). It affects different people differently, IE I can be getting 4000+ ping at my base which is covered in turrets, while a friend will have 100-200 ping. The reverse is also true where it will be happening to him and not me. The presence of AI ships definitely makes it worse. The issue effects nearly everything in the game, with the exception of the player moving around in their ship/as an astronaut. Chat will take ages to update... pressing R to enter a build block or ship will take an eternity to happen, logic blocks, and things like doors... etc..... CPU usage seems to be high, but not pegged... I have an intel 3930k, which is not a toy, but isnt pegged when the problem happens. It also doesnt appear to be a network related issue, as my up and down speeds have historically been enough for the game, and didnt notice any youtube video/skype issues while the problem was happening in game.

I would like to add that I ASSUME its the turrets, because I had no trouble with the game prior to adding the turrets to my station.