Turret placement help needed <---Moderator, can you close this?

Reaction score
    That missile turret isn't going to do squat against anything. That won't take down most peoples' drones, let alone fighters. Don't even think about it harming capital vessels.

It's far too small for the task you want it perform.

Basic turret design says that you make a base. It contains rail mass enhancers (If necessary) and possibly shields. The barrel should have the weapons systems and be capable of whatever amount of rotation you want. Do not add multiple barrels. Don't bother with additional turrets on top of existing turrets. There's no point, it just creates more lag and glitches. Make sure that all your turrets (Except for the very largest meant to destroy ships of your own size) have good firing arcs---if this ship becomes as big as you claim it's going to be, you are gonna be getting outmaneuvered by vessels with half a million mass....which would hurt if you don't have adequate turrets.
    if it make it any better, I actually abandoned it about a year ago.

Reaction score
    OK. But it needs to be about 100x bigger. Just pointing out what you're dealing with.

Reaction score
    OK. But it needs to be about 100x bigger. Just pointing out what you're dealing with.
    if it makes it even better for you I was planning to put a 400m long lance weapon under the saucer I believe it was a 3 stage "missile drill" or something

Reaction score
    400m turret?
    as you might of missed it, its supposed to be a "missile drill" or whats it called or what I will call, a "spinal Lance"....well I can try to add it as a turret :3 was going to be a forward mount though for anti Space Station warfare
    [doublepost=1471224426,1471224201][/doublepost]
    Also I'm trying to limit on how much space it takes up to prevent atleast some lag......

Reaction score
    Space doesn't really cause lag. Collisions and entities cause lag. Entities mostly cause lag through collision checks.

A spinal mount works just fine, really.