Turret not docking, flying off

Reaction score
    I have made a ship that has rails that I am trying to dock turrets (That I created via blue prints based off the original design that I was able to get docked to the ship) to but when I dock a turret it appears in the next sector. I have tried to shut down the game and restart and no avail. I have also flown to different sectors and to the sector that the turrets but no avail.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Is that ship possibly sitting on a sector border?

If the marker is in sector 2 2 2 and your rail is overlapping into 2 2 3 the dock attempt will go to 2 2 3 but the ship is not near that, depending on exact locations, and distance to border, the turret gets into the correct docking position in 2 2 2 then, but as it cannot dock there, it can even get stuck in that position. Occupy the dock but become more of a ghost in the adjacent sector.

Try to get all parts of the ship in one sector and it should work then. (center yourself: Hit C and get all "sector markers" to same distance)
    Once the turret is docked correctly the sector borders dont matter that much anymore, unless you alter anything (ex. build) in the next sector.
    Its only a bit fragile when dock and turret need to find each other. =)

- Andy

Reaction score
    Is that ship possibly sitting on a sector border?

If the marker is in sector 2 2 2 and your rail is overlapping into 2 2 3 the dock attempt will go to 2 2 3 but the ship is not near that, depending on exact locations, and distance to border, the turret gets into the correct docking position in 2 2 2 then, but as it cannot dock there, it can even get stuck in that position. Occupy the dock but become more of a ghost in the adjacent sector.

Try to get all parts of the ship in one sector and it should work then. (center yourself: Hit C and get all "sector markers" to same distance)
    Once the turret is docked correctly the sector borders dont matter that much anymore, unless you alter anything (ex. build) in the next sector.
    Its only a bit fragile when dock and turret need to find each other. =)

- Andy
    I warped to another sector and the docked turrets were in their spots so I am going with ghost in adjacent sector. -- Thanks and I hope this eventually gets fixed.