Turret Leave Ship

Reaction score
    Hello everyone, first post here.

I tried to make a turret twice and on both occasions the turret disappeared from my ship.

On the first one, their navigation points reappeared inside my home planet.

For the second one, it was having issues staying on my ship as I traveled between sectors.

I managed to fix the second issue, at first, by manually docking each core to the rail turret axis rather than using "crrate docking" from the advanced building window.

But after that an issued arrived where Bobby wouldn't stop thinking he was a ship. It caused issues when I wanted him to target -any- for the pirate ships that were nearby and he didnt. Then once I exited and restarted the game later on that day, Bobby had started on his new journey Jehovah knows where.

Does anybody have any insight on this? Will an AI undock itself if it thinks it's a ship? Is there a way to access Bobby from the main ship (Forgot to mention I couldn't access him without going directly to his module. Real pain in the middle of a fight!!)?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've had some weird issues like that when trying to dock something while I was near a sector edge. and it would "Dock" but end up 2mk away from where it docked too. This was the case with unmanned docking (using magnetic rails).

As far as Bobby not targeting properly, just to be sure, you didn't try to get into the turret did you? as doing so will deactivate the AI. Not sure why it would keep undocking itself though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've had some weird issues like that when trying to dock something while I was near a sector edge. and it would "Dock" but end up 2mk away from where it docked too. This was the case with unmanned docking (using magnetic rails).

As far as Bobby not targeting properly, just to be sure, you didn't try to get into the turret did you? as doing so will deactivate the AI. Not sure why it would keep undocking itself though.
    Investigated an instance of it occurring near a planet, ghost ship in the planet sector and invisible collision-able object at the station dock:

Reaction score
    Yeah I focused soley on changing Bobby back to 'turret' and target to 'any'. The weird case was that Bobby kept switching every time I closed the window(sorry if I didn't mention that before).

Is this a lag issue???

I know I have lag from time to time with my cpu, but I can confidently say I was using bobby's module and not the core.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460927478,1460927438][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Message me a time and a server to meet you and I'll look into it.
    I'll do that when I get to my computer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hum... the one that kept resetting, was it made with create docking? or was it one you built and docked? Not sure if it matters, but am curious. Just to be sure, the bobby AI is on the part with the guns and not the base right?

If its the one you made with create docking, try building it, then docking and then setting the AI. If the bobby AI is on the base, you need to move it to the part with the guns.

Last thing that comes to mind is removing the bobby AI and maybe placing it on a diff spot just to see if for some reason that module is just bugged out. Though you did say that you had multiple turrets, so it would be odd for them all to be bugged.

Reaction score
    hum... the one that kept resetting, was it made with create docking? or was it one you built and docked? Not sure if it matters, but am curious. Just to be sure, the bobby AI is on the part with the guns and not the base right?

If its the one you made with create docking, try building it, then docking and then setting the AI. If the bobby AI is on the base, you need to move it to the part with the guns.

Last thing that comes to mind is removing the bobby AI and maybe placing it on a diff spot just to see if for some reason that module is just bugged out. Though you did say that you had multiple turrets, so it would be odd for them all to be bugged.[/QUOTE
    When I referred to multiple turrets it was one turret in two instances of the problem.

The first was on my home planet and it was docked to my ship using create docking. That one is the one where it's ID's can still be found inside my home planet. I'll screenshot one of the ID.

I put the AI on the part with the guns.

The second instance I placed on manually and it worked when it was an antimissile turret. The issue appeared after I tried to change it to a turret that had target 'any'. Then, of course, the disappearance occurred when I reloaded the game.

Reaction score
    Hey everybody I think it's my computer. I just ran into another problem with the shipyard where I was able to create my ship, undock it, dock it on a rail out of the shipyard, and find out it turned itself back into a design.

Im reloading the game, should've took a screenshot, but I'm starting to just believe it's cause my computer struggle too much with the game. I'm on single player with a lag...just make me believe more that it's my computer.