Turret integration

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    in addition, you could also have a new block like a sideways plex lifter, that moves the turret in and out of the ship. this block can be \"toggleable\" and can have its own icon on the tray at the bottom. so when you highlight it and click everything attached to the turret moves out/in. you can also set the distance the block moves the turret out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The general idea of an extension block would be great, it\'d add a nice extra feature to ships. I was already thinking of some kind of landing strut block.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sponson:

\'\"a : a projection (as a gun platform) from the side of a ship or a tank \"

It appears to me as if you are picturing sponsons rather than turrets. In any case I approve.

Here is a picture example of sponsons.

http://i.imgur.com/YLB7ZKx.jpg

Reaction score
    If you use the pivot blocks the regular anti-matter cannons have a better angular range and if you use my core overide idea you could then control them seperatly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    aPonyWhoLikesToMeow:

It appears to me as if you are picturing sponsons rather than turrets. In any case I approve.

ah, yes thats pretty much what they would be like, just with a 180º viewing range. a lot like this:

they would also be moveable and would retract into the ships hull.

tear151:

If you use the pivot blocks the regular anti-matter cannons have a better angular range

do you mean like the picture above?

Reaction score
    but it would allow the antimatter cluster to continue through it if you catch my drift. It would connect to the battery but not add to it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so, if you put some of these ideas together, you get turrets, under cover, which rotate freely and are pretty much sponsons.

just, like these:

these ideas are coming together well now guys. thanks for your input and any additions are welcome.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First, sorry if I didn\'t read all maybe some have already said something about it...

From what I read :

• some want a block which provide two degree of rotation.
    • some want retractratable turrets (

Reaction score
    Make a sphere within the cube in the same way slopes are in the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    well fisrt of all, there seems to have been a lot happening while i was asleep :)

i see that tear151 has already answered part of your question Le_Flemard, so i will now try to answer the rest.

the first thing i had to do was to find out what a voxel is. now that i have done that i can answer you properly. :)

i\'ve been doing a little drawing to show what you mean (tell me if i got it wrong).

the green part is a retractable cylinder to create the retracting turret,

the white part is the turret itself. now, the white part is actually a sphere that is slightly smaller than the cylinder so it fits inside allowing it to freely rotate 180º vertically and 180 º horizontally. so its view is a semi-circle.

i\'ve tried to answer your questions as best i can. if you would like to know anything else just post it here and i will try to get back to you with an answer.

in the mean time, for the rest of the day i\'m going to be making a better picture that shows the cube boundaries and also has a string of antimatter cannons attached to it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i\'ve been working on some more pictures and have created these to show how things would connect and the sizes.

sorry for the pictures being so small.

the bright green sphere is a sphere for a turret and the darker green box (might not be visible) is a general block size

the blue cylinder is a retracter for turrets, and the red box (again might not be visible) is the general block size.

the bright green sphere is the turret sphere, the blue cylinder is the retracting block, however when it is attached to a sphere i extends slightly to cover half of the sphere. and again the red boxes show the general block size.

Notes:

the retracter does not have to be cylindrical however it is for this turret,

and, i\'m not sure how many blocks the sphere should cover:

1x1 so it only uses one block for the sphere and one for the cylinder, this would make attached cannons look out of place, or,

3x3 so the antimatter cannons fit in the center block and there is 1 block all around the outside, (this would mean the use of only one retracting block still, but it could be a larger one.)

both sizes would only have a few antimatter cannons attached (say 5 for example), because you don\'t really want loads of overpowered turrets that can nearly hit you wherever you are, and too many would cause the line of AMCs to keep hitting things.

sorry for the long post that may keep contradicting itself, i just had a lot to explain. :)

Scampuk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    and, i\'m not sure how many blocks the sphere should cover:

1x1 so it only uses one block for the sphere and one for the cylinder, this would make attached cannons look out of place, or,

3x3 so the antimatter cannons fit in the center block and there is 1 block all around the outside, (this would mean the use of only one retracting block still, but it could be a larger one.)

scrap that, a 3x3 sphere would look better and move with more ease, you would just need to make more room to accomodate them within youe ships.

Reaction score
    with all these ideas of balls and what not you have all the parts for working AMAMS and other stuf like that all we need is kinetic weapons and a way to lock on to missiles

Reaction score
    Heres an idea, have the docking system work as it does in KSP. That way we could dock a ship of any size to a station, but we would have to be carefule when manuvering.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    that\'s a good idea, especially for large ships. to dock my ship on a space station:

a) it would have to be a massive space station, but,

b) it would mean placing a lot of docking enhancers down to make the area large enough.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    now i know what AMAMS are i know what the killer of 007 was talking about. AMAMS would be a great idea for shooting down missiles.

it would be something like this,

only, instead of an interceptor missile, it would be an antimatter cannon, and

both the aunch pads would be on ships.

of course this system would have to be made so that the interception only works, say, once every ten shots, otherwise missiles would become useless as they would never get through.

thanks to the killer of 007 for this great idea.

ande for those who, like me, didn\'t know what AMAMS means, it means:

Anti Matter Anti Missile System.

Reaction score
    in my opinions there should be 2 types of turret pivots, the ball thing that is described above and the pairs of blocks that rotate around 1 axis those 2 blocks shouldnt have any space between them. you should be able to make a retractable turret by using something like pistons from minecraft, but maybe you should be able to group them, so 2 linked pistons can expand 2 blocks. also, turrets should be considered seperate parts of the ship. idk if thats possible, the size of the turret should be limited by the dimention of the pivot, so you should be able to link them and make a 2x2 pivot ect. because the rotation blocks only turn around 1 axis you should be able to make 2 cooperate to aim at something, maybe by linking both to 1 ai.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    first of all, the pistons thing. i know that i thought about this:

able to group them, so 2 linked pistons can expand 2 blocks

i just don\'t think i wrote it down anywhere.

next, this pairing and rotating around 1 axis, i\'m struggling to picture it. do you mean the turret will only move left and right or up and down. if you do then i know what you mean. if you do mean that then those types of turrets would work well in places on ships, where the turret has no need to rotate on two axis\'.