Votes: 6 75.0%
    • Leave as is

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    So I am awar that some of the problems with turrets are already being looked at. How ever there in one thing I feel needs to be a dressed sooner than later.

Curently it is very difficult to build turrets any where's near the size of our old turrets and have them still fiction, especially on stations with large ships docked. Now I am not saying there shouldn't be a decrease in turret speed the biger the turret gets, but there should be a defendant difference between ships and stations.
    For example, my fleet yard has three sizeable ships docked and a few medium sized turrets. I can not put enough mass enhancers on said station to alow the turrets to move fast enough to track a titan, let alone a corvette or gun ship.

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    They should just buff the mass enhancers period.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    You have to put mass enhancers on the base of the turret, not just on the station

Rasor1911

Abusing Stealth since the dawn of time
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They should just buff the mass enhancers period.
    Agreed, and add some sort of mass-based cap so large turrets can't hit small fighters that well and snap around like dying fish because someone spammed them

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The rail enhancers should chain through the system. And they need to be severely buffed. Currently it takes 25 power to add 3.5 mass.

So currently it takes 7 million power to dock a 1 million mass ship.
    Or, the most you can dock with 1 million power is 140,000 mass.

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Why are you docking a 1 million mass ship anyway? And can't you dock without enhancers anyway, just not moving?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Why are you docking a 1 million mass ship anyway? And can't you dock without enhancers anyway, just not moving?
    Docking is not the issue, turret traversing, elavation, and depression speeds is.
    You can dock a 1 million mass ship, but this then makes it impossible to have turrets capible of threatening a capital ship. The best you can do are some anti-missile turrets and maby a few anti-fighter turrets.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I dont even get the point of Mass Enhancers... I would say remove them all together, they limit creativity especially on small ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I do believe that they do need a well deserved buff, but the only reason why they do not have exact values because they need people to test it an make posts to explain their is a problem with the values and fix it in the next update.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Fixed docks that don't add mass to the needed enhancers, so you can dock your massive ships to the station without having to add the enhancers to keep turrets functioning.

Reaction score
    Maybe have it that mass enhancers are used throughout the docking chain. so a turret that needs 10,000 enhancers to move can have part of them on it and the rest on the station, this would add a use to turret bases too

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Turret bases need enhancers anyway. And you need enough enhancers on a structure for everything docked up the chain, even though the next level can't use any of it.

Reaction score
    Turret bases need enhancers anyway. And you need enough enhancers on a structure for everything docked up the chain, even though the next level can't use any of it.
    Thats what i'm saying, it goes DOWN the chain too, letting you lighten the load of the docked part with enhancers on that level, so you're large ship can have all the enhancers need to move on a rail on itself if you want, or turrets can be designed to hold their own weight

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So far, it doesn't look like they are going to make anything go down the chain.