Turret Docking Area Problems

Reaction score
    I've been trying to set up a turret system for my large ship. I've placed turret docking units and I've linked them to a large number of enhancers along several axis, in the hopes of being able to fit a rather large turret. Unfortunately, I only seem to be able to expand the docking area size along a single axis. For example, if I place the docking unit and extend it with enhancers along an axis, say left to right, then the docking area will expand along the axis properly. However, if I try to add more enhancers along another axis, such as front to back, then the docking area will not expand to match it, and will even shrink on occasion.

There is a screen shot below.

I am not sure if I'm doing something horribly wrong or if its a bug. Please help.

Reaction score
    All your enhancers need to be in one group. The docking block it's self will not link them together.
    Try moving your cross by one each direction so that the dock is not separating them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Voldrath is correct. The Docking Enhancers all have to be in one group to work properly. If you have more than one group linked to the Docking module, it seems to just pick the largest group and ignore the others.

Also, the Docking Enhancer group does not have to be touching the Docking block to work, they only have to be linked. That way you can place the Docking module where ever, and hide the Enhancers so that it all looks nice.

Reaction score
    I can't dock my turrets to my station at all. Not even a cube to a dock without enhancers :/

(server v 0.1595)
    ( [SERVER] FAILED ACTIVATING (101, 59, 8)[Turret Docking Unit]o[TOP][active][50hp]; reenqueueing )

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I can't dock my turrets to my station at all. Not even a cube to a dock without enhancers :/

(server v 0.1595)
    ( [SERVER] FAILED ACTIVATING (101, 59, 8)[Turret Docking Unit]o[TOP][active][50hp]; reenqueueing )
    This is
    Bug #582 - FAILED ACTIVATING - reenqueueing

(feels like I wrote that already today.. ^^°)

- Andy