Turret AI "Focusing".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Okay, let me begin by saying that Starmade has come a long way since I've started playing. I see nothing but improvements which is baffling. Now, on to the actual topic.

I love the new addition to the AI turrets, how they focus system blocks more than the center of mass. I suggest adding a block "Tier" system somewhere in the AI menu. What i mean by this is a bit hard for me to put into words.

Imagine a chart with all the different blocks, armor blocks, system blocks, ect. Now imagine that you want the AI turrets to focus thruster blocks first, you drag a line from priority 1, to thrusters. After ALL thruster systems are gone, that's when you want to go for weapon hard points. So you drag a line from priority 2, to weapon systems. Amcs, missiles, ect. Finally you want to board the ship and take out its crew, drag a line from priority 3 to armor blocks and end the system, so that each time you encounter an enemy, it will check the enemy ship for the systems and execute priority to your preference. Just a little idea i came up.

Reactions: Bonusinches
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    A bit of a clunky idea. Needs a bit of refining, imo. But player defined targeting priorities would be good.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I believe Schema said AI targeting random blocks is just a placeholder, and that we'll be getting the ability to tell them to target specific systems in the future.

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This should go a bit further than letting AI turrets "magically" see things that a player can not: I'd like to see this rolled into some kind of advanced ship scanning mechanic.

I.e If you manage to successfully scan an enemy ship, then that lets you outline/highlight specific block-types within your enemy's ship and it also lets you set your turrets to go for those same block types first.