Turbo lift system.

Reaction score
    I don't know if anyone has done or suggested this yet. Search turns up all kinds of crazy stuff but not turbo lifts at least not what I have.

Now back story I checked out a hand full of the titan ships and then quit because they ether had nothing inside, or when they did it took half an hour just to get from one end to the other, mostly because of the crazy corridors. So I started building one myself and came up with this idea of using area controllers and gravity units together with an activator to create a kind of turbo lift system.

So far it works great I have a ship about 631m long 153m high and 483m wide and despite that because of the turbo hub I can get from any critical area to any other in about 20 or 30 seconds max just by hopping in a turbo shaft. the great thing is they can even go around corners up down you name it. I can get from the port fighter bay to the rear starboard crew quarters in just under 30 seconds which is about 320m distance and travels through several turns to do so. Now I still have normal walkways if you just want to walk all that way but it seems like a better idea to me.

Then again I may have missed some reason why people do not do that with the space giants I have seen, and maybe they do it and I just never checked that ship out. Ether way I just though I would share that just in case someone might find it useful.

takethispie

Titan-class builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    the Maelstrom do have turbolifts since the logic blocks exist xD
    also if you place correctly the trigger areas you can keep accelerating even in the corner and this is awesome :)
    I guess some people aren't really good at logic ^^

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I use gravity elevators in any hallway longer than 15m. For the Executor, it's got a 150m corridor leading from the front hangar to the bridge. Try walking that. Geez.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I made a copy paste template of two way gravity tubes for my ship. It's insanely fun to go in them XD. Here's a little contraption I made with it:

The direction change at the bends works flawlessly, better than I expected actually. Here's what the inside looks like:

Now, I just have to actually install a tube network on my ship ^_^

Reactions: Marduk_Zoekoff
    Reaction score
    Indeed it is fun. After I got the emergency shaft from the fighter bays to the medical hub ( yes it is more of a roll play ship ) I spent about ten minutes just shooting back and forth for the fun of it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419838363,1419838140][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I did exactly what you described in my latest ships, for instance: http://starmadedock.net/content/hyperion-dreadnought.1423/
    one other plus is that it is also very funny to travel this way :D
    Great looking ship, Id like to see it, it would be nice to see a big ship that does not take half an hour to walk through :D.