True 64x64 Default Pack

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The build icons are not part of texture packs, I hope this will change in the future as having the icons not match the actual texture pack is very confusing. You could potentially replace the file manually with an older copy when the game still used the original textures and I'll include a copy and instructions on how to change it next time I release an updated pack.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wavf89l5zncziml/build icons.zip

There you go.
    For others wanting to install them, the directory is Starmade > Data > Image resources.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This is like the Faithful packs for MC, I love it :D

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Whoa, the hulls are actually really pretty.
    Thank you, I am really happy with how the hulls turned out.

As for the future of this pack I'm not sure where to take it. It is impossible to keep the initial goal with all the new textures coming out in the next release. I have been experimenting with a few options for the various computers and I have not come up with something I like yet.

Reaction score
    We have a winner. I loved the old style but hated the pixelised style, so good job on this one.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    As for the future of this pack I'm not sure where to take it. It is impossible to keep the initial goal with all the new textures coming out in the next release. I have been experimenting with a few options for the various computers and I have not come up with something I like yet.
    Take some creative license. make them look like what you think they would have looked like

Reaction score
    Very nice. I greatly prefer the default style over the "realistic" style.

Would it be ok for me to use your versions within my own personal pack, mainly as better looking placeholders, if/when I decide to release my own?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I really need to put the axe to the grindstone and get this pack updated for .15

Very nice. I greatly prefer the default style over the "realistic" style.

Would it be ok for me to use your versions within my own personal pack, mainly as better looking placeholders, if/when I decide to release my own?
    Most of my own personal qualms with the realistic pack have been fixed in the last update, I still have a few nitpicks but over all I like it now. If you want to cut up the textures I've redone into your own pack go right ahead just if you release anything be sure to send a nod my way.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Ok I finally figured out how to manipulate the texture pack, Want I wanted was to add an actual weld to the blocks from the point of view of a welder, just wanted to see what it would look like, it's an actual pic of a weld, the pic I used was an actual really large weld squished to a thin line and placed on the border of the block, trying for a metal heavy look "neat" rather than the scrap iron look, like a machine came by and welded all the blocks in place, more realistic for space gribble, in which I might have to change it into a border pattern as of now look like a mesh like chain mail from a distance lol might look better if the weld was painted a lesser tone? to match the painted blocks. I'll play with it to see what might look good

Reactions: Lecic

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just using windows paint it's ok for some things, changed the position of the weld on the block, allowing the blocks to be rotated as well, have to make a couple more for pattern designs.

Trying to get the lines to match up so there centered is a pain when they have to join a junction point, breaks up large empty areas without it being too busy, keeping the same original tone color scheme or texture and design without addition of layers, gave them there own category under the block editor.
    I did have to reset the game in repairing or downloading the original templates needed new sheets and will need a few more while I make mistakes, saved copies do not get erased when you reset the game as in a repair which I keep in another folder, so your templates can be managed quite easy for changes being applied or altered.

trying some patterns, little out on the alignments and the block won't rotate on all 4 corners just 3
    new toy to play with:)

Went back over the weld, came back on and it was corrected :)

Last edited:

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

I made this new look to the AMC block pic of a flash muzzle, gives an interesting tone

I trying new looks

pic of a jet engine good for exposed parts or making some scenery stations lol makes it go faster!!

Reactions: Lecic

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was thinking about some fighter decals

So I made up pirate flag block and a side panel fighter sig and perhaps a fighter girl decal or a poster pin-up or a pic for the wall
    probity look better on a two block, on a 64 res as well not the greater but doable.

ok our fighter girl sig is now 2 blocks and looks better for it

and last our ole fighter face lol now I need to make a fighter:)

Last edited:

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well done, I think you've done very well, I don't like it, because I hated the old textures, but I respect your skill and the work that went into this.