Transferring a Single player game to a hosted server?

Reaction score
    Does anyone know how to transfer the single player game to a hosted server? i basically just need to know where the files are that need to be transferred i know how to transfer just don't know where they are or what ones need transferred. thanks for any help.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    your starmade folder. that's where they are. that's what you copy. It's wherever you installed it. If you don't know where you installed it (because you just click "next" without reading, or you are a steam-using-peasant) use search/find on your PC with "starmade" as the search string. voilla.
    ;)

Reaction score
    Easy, just transfer the world you want from (Starmade folder)/server-database from your own starmade install to the (Starmade server folder)/server-database you have. It should be a folder with the same name as your SP world is. After that run the server install you have, and change the world to the one you just transfered. There is no need to copy the whole starmade install folder.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is no need to copy the whole starmade install folder.
    If only it was this easy. Unfortunately StarMade does not have all the settings per map folder. Things like server.cfg and GameConfig.xml are in the base StarMade folder. If you use different default stations then folders like blueprints-stations matter to. More stuff hides in other directories.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If only it was this easy. Unfortunately StarMade does not have all the settings per map folder. Things like server.cfg and GameConfig.xml are in the base StarMade folder. If you use different default stations then folders like blueprints-stations matter to. More stuff hides in other directories.
    Perhaps the file hierarchy needs some work.
    With Linux, users have a home directory and can override files from the system. I'd use the same system for everything possible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Perhaps the file hierarchy needs some work.
    With Linux, users have a home directory and can override files from the system. I'd use the same system for everything possible.
    Well ultimately you end up with what DrTarDIS said and you copy the whole StarMade folder. People that know what all the files do can copy less.

I have multiple installments of StarMade on my PC. From different versions to different settings. As soon as you start messing with the server.cfg and stuff you should really just install an extra copy of StarMade. Since otherwise all the maps in your server-database folder will use the same settings. So one map per installation. Unless you are happy with the settings and never mess with them anyway or maybe just once.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well ultimately you end up with what DrTarDIS said and you copy the whole StarMade folder. People that know what all the files do can copy less.

I have multiple installments of StarMade on my PC. From different versions to different settings. As soon as you start messing with the server.cfg and stuff you should really just install an extra copy of StarMade. Since otherwise all the maps in your server-database folder will use the same settings. So one map per installation. Unless you are happy with the settings and never mess with them anyway or maybe just once.
    I agree, but
    Copying all the files create a new 130 MB every time.
    You shouldn't need to copy textures and code files over and over again.
    Basically, you need a directory:
    StarMade/
    ./Shine/… whatever
    ./Version/… folders and text-files with links to ./Shine/…
    ./Local/default/… default player configs (modified).
    ./Local/username.id/… additional texture packs from another user
    ./My/… maps into ./Local/yourusername.id​
    StarMade/Servers/
    ./local latest/include.txt contains version, local mods,
    ./local stable/include.txt – another version, local mods,
    ./testserver/include.txt – jet another version, no local mods,
    ./warhammer/… also contains modified files from the warhammer-server and links to user-modified files.​

Everything you need, you should list in include.txt (wildcards and recursive folders allowed).
    The game should update a virtual-directory-file every time it's changed for a quick loading of the game (even if you only update the include.txt version).​

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Basically, you need a directory:
    StarMade/
    ./Shine/… whatever
    ./Version/… folders and text-files with links to ./Shine/…
    ./Local/default/… default player configs (modified).
    ./Local/username.id/… additional texture packs from another user
    ./My/… maps into ./Local/yourusername.idStarMade/Servers/
    ./local latest/include.txt contains version, local mods,
    ./local stable/include.txt – another version, local mods,
    ./testserver/include.txt – jet another version, no local mods,
    ./warhammer/… also contains modified files from the warhammer-server and links to user-modified files.
    Ehm say whut????? :ROFLMAO:

Sorry but that looks very complex.

Reaction score
    Easy, just transfer the world you want from (Starmade folder)/server-database from your own starmade install to the (Starmade server folder)/server-database you have. It should be a folder with the same name as your SP world is. After that run the server install you have, and change the world to the one you just transfered. There is no need to copy the whole starmade install folder.
    Thanks, This part here is what i needed to know. "/server-database" that is the part i was missing. thank you all for your comments though they all helped. :)