Planned Trading Commision

Do you agree this is a useful feature?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This is going to be rather short but something I would like to see and hopeful something others want to see.
    In the shop modules trading section, could there be a setting where your buy and sell prices all set to -(input)% and +(input)% off the default shop prices. e.g. I would be able to set all buying prices to slightly lower than the defaults by 5% by just inputting the percent and pressing a button.

Reactions: MacThule and Sachys
    Reaction score
    This would save so much time and energy than having to change each individual block.

Reaction score
    This isn't really a commission though...this is shop automation. I approve anyway.

That said, being able to take a commission off of every sale should definitely be added.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But wouldn't that like....Make you a target for traders to abuse? (buy stuff at shops and sell to you or the other way around)

Reaction score
    His idea is "buy for less than a shop will pay for it" and "sell for more than a shop would".
    Basically.
    He wants it customizable, so players will have to choose what their prices will be...by a percentage difference from a standard price.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    His idea is "buy for less than a shop will pay for it" and "sell for more than a shop would".
    Basically.
    He wants it customizable, so players will have to choose what their prices will be...by a percentage difference from a standard price.
    Problem is, there is no "standard price" Shops adjust their prices to player activity.
    And I think players should influence shops, not the other way around because that freezes up the free market idea.

So if TG looks at the players for their price and players look at shops (+ or - x%) then what is the "standard price"

Reaction score
    Problem is, there is no "standard price" Shops adjust their prices to player activity.
    And I think players should influence shops, not the other way around because that freezes up the free market idea.

So if TG looks at the players for their price and players look at shops (+ or - x%) then what is the "standard price"
    But, there is a standard price. If you look in the server configs you will find;
    "
    SHOP_SELL_BUY_PRICES_UPPER_LIMIT = 1.5 //maximum of base price a shop will want depending on its stock (e.g. max 120 credits if the normal cost is 100)
    SHOP_SELL_BUY_PRICES_LOWER_LIMIT = 0.5 //minimum of base price a shop will want depending on its stock (e.g. max 80 credits if the normal cost is 100)"

It's already in the game, we just need a button so we can do this to our own shops. As it is now setting up the prices for every single item is an absolute nightmare, esp when after every reset the prices are back at default.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    How about instead of using ±x% of the default price, the user still sets a base price per item, and the buy/sell price and then derived from it by that percentage. While not eliminating as much as the original suggestion, it still cuts the number of prices to set in half.

In addition, a 2nd per shop setting could be added[also a percentage, let's call it y], which automatically sets the (buy/sell) price of every craftable item as the sum of the (buy/sell) prices of all its components ±y%. If the price of 1 component is not set, the price of the craftable item will not be set.

This 2nd setting should be complimented by a way to hide all craftable items in the list of items in a shop when setting prices manually.

Reaction score
    How about instead of using ±x% of the default price, the user still sets a base price per item, and the buy/sell price and then derived from it by that percentage. While not eliminating as much as the original suggestion, it still cuts the number of prices to set in half.

In addition, a 2nd per shop setting could be added[also a percentage, let's call it y], which automatically sets the (buy/sell) price of every craftable item as the sum of the (buy/sell) prices of all its components ±y%. If the price of 1 component is not set, the price of the craftable item will not be set.

This 2nd setting should be complimented by a way to hide all craftable items in the list of items in a shop when setting prices manually.
    You realize the original point is to not have to set each price individually, right?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You realize the original point is to not have to set each price individually, right?
    Yes, but the number of prices needing to be set is still reduced drastically[especially in the 2nd part]. As for why the default price should not be used, I honestly don't know if it will keep existing or not.

Reaction score
    Yes, but the number of prices needing to be set is still reduced drastically[especially in the 2nd part]. As for why the default price should not be used, I honestly don't know if it will keep existing or not.
    You do realize that you would be able to set prices individually still, right? The set all by a % would benefit those of us who don't have an hour to set prices on every damn block within the game. Just to walk away and find all the prices reset when the server restarted.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You do realize that you would be able to set prices individually still, right?
    Yes, but that was never the issue I had.
    As I stated in my last message, the main issue I am having is that the suggestion relies on a system[default prices] which I don't know will continue to exist. If they continue to exist, there is no problem, if they cease to exist, the suggestion will not work. All I tried to do was add a backup plan not relying on default prices, yet still drastically reducing the amount of prices needing to be set.(to only the prices of the base ores and other uncraftable items)

Reaction score
    Yes, but that was never the issue I had.
    As I stated in my last message, the main issue I am having is that the suggestion relies on a system[default prices] which I don't know will continue to exist. If they continue to exist, there is no problem, if they cease to exist, the suggestion will not work. All I tried to do was add a backup plan not relying on default prices, yet still drastically reducing the amount of prices needing to be set.(to only the prices of the base ores and other uncraftable items)
    Without default prices, what would the AI factions have to go off of for prices? I haven't seen anything from the devs stating they were thinking about getting rid of it either.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hai,
    Congrats! This suggestion has been recognised by the council and the devs, it has been added to the phabricator workflow. You can check out all the accepted suggestions that have been added to the planned list over here Group Council · Workboard
    (you have to scroll all the way to the right to see them)

I hope many more fine suggestions will come from you.

For reference:
    ⚓ T1762 Shop automisation

Feel free to signup and subscribe to the task to get e-mail notifications once it hits release/dev-builds.

- Andy