Toggle-able Delay Loops (Blinkers)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, the new logic system is great, very intuitive and far more user-friendly than playing with Redstone in good old Minecraft, but I'm running into some problems.

I have easily figured out how to create an infinitely looping delay (for blinking lights) by attaching an activation block to a delay block, the delay to a second delay, the second delay to a "not" or "or" switch and then by finally attaching a the switch to the activator. However, further inputs on the activation block merely add additional "charges" to the loop, increasing the frequency (but not duration).

Long story short, has anybody managed to create a flasher which can be turned on and off? I'm working on adding a klaxon system and hazard lights to a ship of mine, but there is no way of turning them off once they are completed and activated without breaking the circuit temporarily.

Somebody who understands logic could probably work this out in two seconds, but I am no such person.

Reaction score
    Ok so if you attach an activation block to a delay then link the delay to another delay then lick that delay to an "And" then the "and" to the light and activator that creates an infinite loop correct? so all you have to to to make it toggle able is add another activation block link it to a "not" block and then link the "not" block to the "and" block causing the output to be false stopping the chain then to reactive deactivate the activation block and activate the one attached to the infinite loop.

Here is a Graphic if that helps i know i explained it wierd: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YfaQxxHI3M8qLNyedAcFwITHMJgWG69McS-vzyHgvOc/edit?usp=sharing

Reaction score
    Ok so if you attach an activation block to a delay then link the delay to another delay then lick that delay to an "And" then the "and" to the light and activator that creates an infinite loop correct? so all you have to to to make it toggle able is add another activation block link it to a "not" block and then link the "not" block to the "and" block causing the output to be false stopping the chain then to reactive deactivate the activation block and activate the one attached to the infinite loop.

Here is a Graphic if that helps i know i explained it wierd: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YfaQxxHI3M8qLNyedAcFwITHMJgWG69McS-vzyHgvOc/edit?usp=sharing

UPDATE: made it so you dont have to double toggle the shutoff circuit. updated the google doc accordingly

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Awesome! I'll try that when I get home tonight, one question though, where do the lights attach? I assume to the activator on the right, but am not sure.

Reaction score
    You run a line from the AND block to the lights as well as the first activation block

Reaction score
    I spent the day getting to grips with the new logic system, it's quite a bit of fun and makes all those GCSE Electronics classes useful at last.

The first thing I did was get a navigational blinker system on my main ship. At first it was just a long delay and a quick flash, but then I experimented a bit more and made a slightly more interesting one, where it flashes twice in succession, at 0.5 seconds on and off, and then waits a full second before repeating. It may be more interesting with a longer delay, but this kind of makes it feel like more of an aircraft to me.

I drew up a quick diagram in case any other people are trying to get something similar.

Oh and I used triangles in circles to represent the Activation blocks. I'm sure someone more into the logic system could find a more efficient way to do this clock, and perhaps all those activators aren't necessary at the start, but it works enough for me, and is relatively small.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I still can't get onto my server... I have a blinking light system on there that can be turned off and on.