To Whom it may Concern (revised)

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Inserting an old school "Newspaper Headline" style announcement due to the censorship of the Event Horizon leader's writing style.

NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH!!!
    *Event Horizon Leaving the Odium Pact*
    BUY OUR S*** TO READ THE FULL STORY

For the Full text please visit here

http://pastebin.com/iqi1NwqT

Thank You for your Time.
    Nuclear Doughnut

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I wonder why moderators are editing the post.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Why this was removed in the first place and edited is not only strange but also absurd. How does the original break any rules?

I want a legitimate answer.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    As Would I. The only Explanation I see is that there are those in the Starmade Community that have such weak knees that they falter at a simple firey speech. I would be afraid for their health if a great Orator such as Ronald Reagan with "Mr Gorbechav Tear Down this Wall", or Winston Churchill's- "We will defend our Island whatever the cost may be" Or even "Today Will be a Day that Lives in Infamy" by Franklin Roosevelt spoke before those members.

I fear for the "Sanitized" version of Starmade. Removing the passion of Faction Politics from this great game. Regardless of the side we choose we are passionate about "Our Side" just as Event Horizon was once passionate about the "Odium Pact". Its a shame that there are those in the community that cannot handle such discourse between factions.

What did we wake up in Stalinist Russia today???

Last edited:
    Reactions: jorgekorke
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    At this rate, everything should be removed, remove faction, remove forum because forum = flame!!

"Removing things solve all problems, no forum? no problem" - Mortiferum :p

And also, bye Nuclear, there are not never ending feasts (Or allainces) and GL in your future endeavors :D

Last edited:

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Thank you Mortiferum. Many other "Pacts" are attempting to recruit us but our relations will be relatively quiet for now. Right now we're balancing some new configs as a faction as well as working on many new designs....

Our direction is certain. Our friends are not.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thank you Mortiferum. Many other "Pacts" are attempting to recruit us but our relations will be relatively quiet for now. Right now we're balancing some new configs as a faction as well as working on many new designs....

Our direction is certain. Our friends are not.
    Friends =/= Pacts :)

We are all SM players at the end of the day, we all play for fun for all intents and purposes, so yeah.

Reactions: Nuclear Doughnut
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ahh for the love of god don't turn this into another flame fest please.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You have a problem with him not liking what the Pact is now?

You have a problem with someone not liking the Pact period?

Get out of here.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    The pact has never been flawless. I have no problem with people disliking the pact. It's called the Odium pact, after all. However, it has always been thus, and to turn friends against us in the name of the 'good ol' days' is ignorant and shameful. Of course we indulge in the luxury of pretending we used to be more honorable. But I have heard enough stories of Ridik to know that we weren't. And Nuclear Donut should not be making a very public declaration of war based on his own dislike of Odium if many of his faction are friends of ours. I do not deny him his right to dislike the Pact; and if, as you suggest, he acts upon his dislike of Odium, than it is for his lack of leadership, his disrespect of his faction members which I object to.

Of course, I do not know for sure that it is his dislike that motivates the decision alone, and that is mere speculation on Thadius's part. I am not willing to let it be misunderstood and thought that I am blatantly insulting Nuclear Donut's leadership skills, for I am passing judgement on his actions and words, not him as a person. Let's keep this civil, if we must have it at all.
    no offence... even i dislike odium.... (and im in CR....)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The pact has never been flawless. I have no problem with people disliking the pact. It's called the Odium pact, after all. However, it has always been thus, and to turn friends against us in the name of the 'good ol' days' is ignorant and shameful. Of course we indulge in the luxury of pretending we used to be more honorable. But I have heard enough stories of Ridik to know that we weren't. And Nuclear Donut should not be making a very public declaration of war based on his own dislike of Odium if many of his faction are friends of ours. I do not deny him his right to dislike the Pact; and if, as you suggest, he acts upon his dislike of Odium, than it is for his lack of leadership, his disrespect of his faction members which I object to.

Of course, I do not know for sure that it is his dislike that motivates the decision alone, and that is mere speculation on Thadius's part. I am not willing to let it be misunderstood and thought that I am blatantly insulting Nuclear Donut's leadership skills, for I am passing judgement on his actions and words, not him as a person. Let's keep this civil, if we must have it at all.
    1. Is Nuclear Doughnut Event Horizon's leader? Yes.
    2. Are faction leaders allowed to act upon their own opinions? I sure hope so.
    Please calm down.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I think you missread he says he has friends IN Odium not that his faction members are FRIENDS with Odium.

I believe those of the EH who return believe the same as him.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Getting pretty hot in here.

Is it traitorous if one of my best friends mugs a person at gunpoint and I turn him in to the police for it?

Reaction score
    Well, I wasn't entirely aware that EH was part of the Odium pact in the first place.
    Hence the announcement. He helped found it and discussed the removal of EH from the pact with other Odium founders.

Had you any decency, you would withdraw your statement, withdraw yourself in shame, apologizing to all parties for the hate you propose to instigate.
    As a founder Doughnut should be able to make his own decisions about the group he helped start, not follow orders from someone who doesn't understand the back story. Also, is this leading to some sort of threat? If so seems to me like you're trying to start drama and flame and if the mods removed Doughnut's full text letter then this should be removed as well.

And Nuclear Donut should not be making a very public declaration of war based on his own dislike of Odium if many of his faction are friends of ours.
    We discussed this with them too, as a team. If one man did all of the decision making things would fall apart.

I am not willing to let it be misunderstood
    Seems you misunderstood why we're removing ourselves in the first place, hence some of the explanations above. Not meant for flame, just to help get an idea for why. If you would like to know more as to why I'm sure someone would be willing to answer you in a PM.

Reactions: Winterhome