Titan class ship building contest!

Should the Best Design be chosen by me or by a vote from all of you guys in which I just tiebreak?

• Chosen by just me

Votes: 20 29.4%
    • Chosen by you guys with me tiebreaking

Votes: 48 70.6%

• Total voters

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Two master builders have entered, this is not looking good for us...

Reaction score
    I will start and officially enter my Titan: Hyperion Dreadnought
    May it be a decent start to a lot of awesome ships :)
    I couldn't remember if I entered. Have a Rex
    Wow, these ships are so cool, and so different, I look forward to judging them, but unfortunately I am forcing myself to wait until after the entry is closed, otherwise I'm afraid I might mix ships up if I don't do them all at once. But still, these are awesome.

P.S. Orphaniel, would you please PM me the link to your ship? I'm afraid that if I have to go through the thread to find ships I might miss one, but if I have them all as PM's then I can just go down the list.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    AS an aside, If anyone would like some help on their titan, I am:
    -Proficient in modular docked reactors for bypassing the 1.2 million e/sec softcap
    -have "core protected by main ship armor" turret technology
    -have "core protected by main ship armor" Exterior/sectional shield bank technology
    -know how to create areas where astronauts may phase through walls, (either manually triggered or automatic)
    -know various other "features" about the game

if you are interesdted in my helping hands, send info on your build by opening a conversation with me. :)

Reactions: Keptick and Toombu
    Reaction score
    Do updated ship designs count?
    So, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by updated ship designs but I think/hope one of these will answer you:

I am not downloading any ships until after the entry closes. If you send me a download link whatever updates you make to the ship before the entry closes, as long as the download is updated, the updates will count.

Now if you are asking if you can use an old ship that has been revamped for this contest, of course. I don't really care at all when the ship was/is created as long as it is finished before the entry is over.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by updated ship designs but I think/hope one of these will answer you:

I am not downloading any ships until after the entry closes. If you send me a download link whatever updates you make to the ship before the entry closes, as long as the download is updated, the updates will count.

Now if you are asking if you can use an old ship that has been revamped for this contest, of course. I don't really care at all when the ship was/is created as long as it is finished before the entry is over.
    I was asking about the latter thing
    If so, I'll get my ship tuned ASAP

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Hm...The thing is, I already have 3 "titans" and another one is in the making.

If I rebuild and revamp one of my ships a little bit I could enter the contest. Would happily submit my battle barge but not sure what I could change on it except adding more detail and more interior stuff. More isn't always better and I feel like I've done enough on that ship.
    It certainly packs a punch, has a decent amount of shields but since there is no size limit it's basically "biggest ship wins most categories". Unless you compare the stats to the mass of the ship?

The ship I was talking about http://starmadedock.net/content/warhammer40k-battle-barge.1275/

Reaction score
    Hm...The thing is, I already have 3 "titans" and another one is in the making.

If I rebuild and revamp one of my ships a little bit I could enter the contest. Would happily submit my battle barge but not sure what I could change on it except adding more detail and more interior stuff. More isn't always better and I feel like I've done enough on that ship.
    It certainly packs a punch, has a decent amount of shields but since there is no size limit it's basically "biggest ship wins most categories". Unless you compare the stats to the mass of the ship?

The ship I was talking about http://starmadedock.net/content/warhammer40k-battle-barge.1275/
    The whole biggest ship wins thing is a problem, that's why I have the maneuverability and speed contests, and the looks/best overall categories aren't necessarily gonna be won by big ships, sleeker ships look nicer and can be overall more effective.

The big ship-better ship factor is somewhat difficult to build for though, in order to do a bigger ship you have to be willing to put in the effort to make it look good, if a ship is too close to being a doomcube I won't accept it. The only exception to that is if someone makes an amazing Borg cube, but that's been done so many times.

Btw, you can enter as many ships as you want, it isn't limited to one ship per person.

Oh, so also, I'm assuming you are entering the battle barge? I'm gonna go ahead and add it to the list, if you didn't want to submit it, just let me know and I'll take it off.

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    So what do(es) the Winner(s) get? Going to gift out an account or few?

Reaction score
    So what do(es) the Winner(s) get? Going to gift out an account or few?
    Sorry, I said in the original post, there isn't any actual prize, just bragging rights, and the opportunity to show off your building.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Some how my tracker isn't tracking this.

Well now it is I think.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Sure, add my battle barge ^^. I'll probably work on it some more and maybe my other ships. Learned a lot from all my weapon tests so I'll have to adjust the weapons on the pillar of autumn and finish the interior, after that I can add that one too.

Reactions: Toombu
    Reaction score
    Can we enter several ships? And what about 92k mass is that enough?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Can we enter several ships? And what about 92k mass is that enough?
    I quote: "Btw, you can enter as many ships as you want, it isn't limited to one ship per person." and "I'm not picky about the ship being exactly 100,000+ mass, if your ship is under by a little that is fine, but if it is less than 95,000 it will have a handicap in the judging. Otherwise it would be unfair, in categories like speed, to bigger ships."

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    How about this: I am willing to offer up either
    a) A special custom ship for sole use of the overall winner - or as a prize maybe for everyone who won a catagory, or even for anyone who entered
    b) a custom piece of artwork as specified by the overall winner.
    As decided by @Toombu

Reaction score
    How about this: I am willing to offer up either
    a) A special custom ship for sole use of the overall winner - or as a prize maybe for everyone who won a catagory, or even for anyone who entered
    b) a custom piece of artwork as specified by the overall winner.
    As decided by @Toombu
    Wow, if you are willing to do that it would be amazing, thank you so much. I'm kind of super indecisive on things like this so I think I will leave the choice of A or B to the winner.[DOUBLEPOST=1412809494,1412808659][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I was wondering what took you so long :p
    I'm wondering what's taking you so long. ;)