Tinsy's Suggestions

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I is Tinsy, and this is the thread where I will be posting suggestions that I, Tinsy, and maybe some friends of mine that don't really use the forums, come up with. I will date each one when I post!

9/9/2013

I think pirate ships as they are now are boring. Boring to look at, they all look exactly alike. Same with the trading guild. So I am suggesting that to make them more visually appealing, have them change color a bit.

To start out, have the trading guild have some sort of color scheme, that could be adjustable in the server.cfg, and when trading guild ships spawn, it could replace the most common color on that ship with, say, red. Then the second most color could be replaced with purple or something. and to make it easier to load them in so it doesn't have to change the colors every time, the server could save the new colored ships in a folder somewhere. so then the trading guild ships would be red and purple.

The pirates however wouldn't have a main color scheme at all, since pirates probably steal all their ships, each ship will have a random color scheme. and also since pirates just fix damage with whatever they have lying around, random blocks could be replaced with some other color, along with a few blocks next to it. And space pirates also add random weapon systems on, and replace others. so maybe, things like salvage cannons and astro-technician beams could be replaced by missiles, or AMCs. and turrets could be randomly added on too, and the turrets could be taken from a separate catalog, where turrets could be saved in, and have the same color scheme thing added on.

While on the subject, there could be a separate catalog for turrets, and you could by multiple turrets at once, with the max maybe adjustable in the server.cfg, to prevent spam. and to stop people from saving normal ships in the turret catalog, the turret could only be saved in the turret catalog if there are no blocks underneath the core. And it could only be saved in the normal catalog if it HAS blocks underneath the core, again, to prevent spam. Perhaps the catalog it gets saved to could be automatic.

It would make me and a few of my friends (we came up with this together) happy to see some of these added, the AI would be a lot cooler. (Lol, sorry, crappy conclusion :P)

9/10/2013

There also needs to be a mass Bobby AI module activater-thingy. Lots of turrets on a big ship is super annoying.

Reaction score
    you can allow pirates to use any ship you make if you have admin rights its just a simple shcekc box away from amking the pirates more leathal just import a ship you want the priates to use and go intot he catalog in the game and click on admin and select the ship you want the pirates to use and click on permisions and make sure the enemy box is checked and your good to go

Reaction score
    as for turrests just save the turret seperatly as a ship and you can buy as many turrets as you want

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, but this way they are all unique. For example, if you made a rocket ship, and it was blue with orange wings, then it would get boring if when the trading guild and pirates used it, it was always blue with orange wings. Instead, this way, the trading guild would have a specific color scheme, so when they use your blue rocket ship with orange wings, it wouldn\'t be blue with orange wings it would be green with red wings. and all the trading guilds would be green with red details, or however you choose their color scheme to be in the server.cfg.

Then, with the pirates, they would have a random color scheme, so one would be purple with brown wings, but another pirate ship might be white with yellow wings. In addition, the pirates would have splotches of random color to look like they took damage and did a bad job fixing it. With weapons, the pirates could replace any powerdrain beams on the ship with d1000 missiles, because space pirates do that.

I know you can let them use your ships, this suggestion is to make the ships of yours that they do use unique, and more visually appealing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    And it could get annoying to buy turrets if you want to buy 10 of them. And if they were in a separate catalog, the pirates could use random turrets from that catalog and put them on their ships, again, so they are more unique.

Reaction score
    and you will have a combonation of those 10 diff ships or make as many different ships as you want and let the enemy use all of them they can be as different as you want them to be already nose making coding for a feature thats already there... it is a good idea but seems like alot of extra coding for somehting you can already do on your own....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But I believe that you can specify what ships the pirates are allowed to use, and what ships the traders are allowed to use. So you can design ships just for pirates, and just for traders.

Regarding buying turrets and separating them from other ships in the catalog, I\'m not exactly sure what the issue you have is. A lot of servers don\'t allow you to buy more than ship from the catalog within a set amount of time (5-10 seconds or so) to prevent lag and spamming. Allowing people to buy more turrets at once would work against this.

As it is now, if you save a ship as a blueprint with turrets attached and buy it from a shop, all of the turrets come attached. So the only reason you\'ll need to buy multiple turrets at once is when you either first build a ship, or arm a station.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The Last Baron, I said the max could be adjustable in the server.cfg. There is no issue, just if there was a separate catalog for turrets, then pirates could spawn with a few turrets on them, which are chosen from the turret catalog. And if theres going to be a turret catalog, then you might as well be able to buy turrets from there. If I\'m going to build a huge ship, I don\'t want to have to buy all the turrets individually if I mean to give the ship 60 turrets. Also, the pirates and the trading guild use the same ships, you can\'t say that the x-wing should only be used by pirates and the enterprise only for the trading guild, and if you build 10 different ships that are the same except for the colors, then its different ships, not the same but with different paint jobs. Its not only the paint that I am suggesting be \"randomized,\" but also weapon systems, if space pirates were to steal a mining ship, they would likely rip out the salvage cannons and replace them with something more useful to them, like AMCs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    smart but,say i make an op ship in the catalog and pirates buy some,wed be dommed,corect?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That has absolutely nothing to do with what I suggested. That could already happen, but with my suggestion it would have different colors and maybe a few extra turrets.