1. 15th of October, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

Timers, rail speed and sector unloading

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Arcaner, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Arcaner

Its hard to build long customizable timers because-

-They require a lot of blocks.
      -Rails could have been used but we don't have the exact speed at which they rotate and move.
      -Sector unloading means the timer (regardless of type) would stop functioning.

For the second, I would request all rails be made to go at 1m/s as default (or anything else, just give us the exact speed). Also, adjusting when the rail block gives a ON signal would be a great idea-only after the block is completely on the block should it give an ON signal.

Also, does giving entities wireless signals stop sectors from unloading?

#1 Arcaner, Feb 6, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    2. nightrune

nightrune Wizard/Developer/Project Manager

Wireless only works on loaded entities. It will not keep other entities loaded.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Kraengis

Kraengis stuff builder

I know it's not a relatively new thread but it can still help someone else.
      To make a relatively compact long timer, you can use a binary counter that increment each second with a 1-sec clock.

For 5 hours you have 18000 seconds or 0100011001010000 in banary, so 15 bits (rounded to 16). When you reach that number you'll need some sort of identifier that will read that number and output a signal (something like a comparator with AND and NOT logic blocks).

It should be possible to make it around 50-70 logic blocks I think