Time to raise the credit cap

Reaction score
    Just make the items cheaper instead. No need to increase the limit. It's too hard to read the number of credits as it is without any commas in there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Just make the items cheaper instead. No need to increase the limit. It's too hard to read the number of credits as it is without any commas in there.
    To increase the time it takes by 3 hours.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The easiest thing to do would simply be to reduce the price of everything by a set number, while keeping everything proportionate. For example, 300 would become 30. This would mean that the 2+ billion cap would become the equivalent of 20+ billion (if the price of everything was to be slashed by 10, of course).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The easiest thing to do would simply be to reduce the price of everything by a set number, while keeping everything proportionate. For example, 300 would become 30. This would mean that the 2+ billion cap would become the equivalent of 20+ billion (if the price of everything was to be slashed by 10, of course).
    And increasing the time it takes by 10 hours.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Increase the time of what?

Not too sure if I understood correctly, but if so: are you seriously complaining that it would take more than an hour to attain the maximum credit cap??? As it stands you'd achieve the same monetary amount as you would currently but could keep going afterwards. How is that a bad thing???

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Doesn't Raising the Cap have the same problem? People don't go "Oh this is enough" and magically stop at half the credit max.

(Using a Factor of 10 for all examples)
    If you make the Credit max 10x what it is, its gonna take 10x as long to reach it, and the Largest ships will be roughly 10x the Mass.

If you make each block worth 1/10th as much, its gonna take 10x as long to reach it, and the largest ships will be roughly 10x the Mass.

If you leave it as is, then Player who want their Largest ships will continue to hollow out sections and fill them in server-side (Either via spawning in 'ships' of Blocks, or Factory systems).

The Only Real difference is who does the work? The Player, the Server Owners, or the Starmade Dev, Schema?
    The only minor drawback of Reducing Block prices is that players will be temporary 10x as rich, since their credit amount on hand at the time wont change. Solution to that is sneak in the change during a server wipe/reset (Since they do happen from time to time), or just let the players waste the credits overtime (It's not infinite).

I personally would like to see Block prices reduced in my own single player, but I am too Lazy to hunt through the Configs myself. Would be wonderful if someone out there reading this could change their BlockConfig.cfg, and upload it to the "Modding" Section for all those who would like a quick economy patch like this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Increase the time of what?

Not too sure if I understood correctly, but if so: are you seriously complaining that it would take more than an hour to attain the maximum credit cap??? As it stands you'd achieve the same monetary amount as you would currently but could keep going afterwards. How is that a bad thing???
    No, I was joking about how temporary it would be.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Doesn't Raising the Cap have the same problem? People don't go "Oh this is enough" and magically stop at half the credit max.
    True, IF one does not account by how much the cap is raised.
    A change from int to long e.g. would multiply the current limit by 2^32, which is roughly 4 billion. Thus the time to reach said credit cap is also multiplied by 2^32. (Unless the amount of money one gains is dependant on the amount of money one has[interests in banking e.g.])

Due to the current prices of blocks such an increase is impossible by just cutting the prizes by a factor.

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I just had a wonderful, awful idea. I am remembering one my first real PC games: Battletech, which had a banking system where you could invest in stocks, and you had a choice between a slow winner (very gradual earnings), a completely random stock that could either make you rich or wipe you out, and one that was a clear loser. It would be neat to not only have a bank with a savings account, but an option to invest in stocks that are linked to random shops. Or maybe just make the earnings random with a skew to being slightly earning versus losing.

On a different note, I'd like to see ships with modular parts that can be docked and undocked at will. Then you can buy a big ship piecemeal. That would not only make the credit limit less of a problem, but would make it easier to replace damaged parts without having to replace the whole ship, and would make modular ships an exciting change to the core gameplay. For instance, you start out in a small core ship and over time add parts all around it to build up a travel pod slowly into a titan.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    jayman38 : I see you're trying to make star-made as much like space engineers as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I didn't mean to. I've seen Space Engineers in a couple of videos, but don't know much about its play mechanics. To borrow a phrase from the movies "Any resemblance to other games, living or dead, is purely coincidental."

Reaction score
    The credit limit can be raised yes, but first lets wait until the crafting system and its dynamic prices are sorted out, as mentioned be schema previously, its much prefered to remove the need than it is to remove the limit. Their also also possible "investment/moneysinks" that we can use to make the credit cap not feel like its hindering you, lots of options :P