Thunderdome | 100 players | Dedicated 32gb ram

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Survival PvP Server with modified economy.

Server: starmade.timelessname.com:4000

Mumble: timelessname.com

Price info: http://starmade.timelessname.com/

• Modified Economy
    • No Pirate Loot
    • More expensive items
    • No imported blueprints
    • Protected spawn
    • Modified prices
    • Modified availability
    • Still a lot more to do...

The hope is this will spur people to group up and form factions to work together. You will need someone running mining, someone running industry and someone running protection.

New Server Stats:
    8x CPU Xeon 3.4ghz
    32 GB ram
    160 GB SSD
    gigabit connection

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am casually looking for some more admins. You can apply here, however I wont be accepting anyone I haven\'t seen around the server and that doesn\'t have mumble.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just gotta say that after trying out 5 different servers, this has become my favorite one by far, and it recently got upgraded to a very powerful machine so it\'s even better than before. The server is very active (have never seen less than 15 players online, and normally it\'s 40+) and the buy/sell prices are almost perfect for players who want a more balanced economy where you can\'t get rich after just a few hours of playing. This makes it feel like a big accomplishment when you build a larger ship. The only exception is the value of Power blocks. They are way too valuable considering how fast you can harvest hundreds of them from abandoned stations. But other than that, the prices are excellent. At first you might think ship components are way too expensive, but if you put in a little effort, you can still build large impressive ships.

One last thing worth mentioning: Although you are not allowed to import blueprints to this server, you can still save your blueprints locally. This means if you design a ship you are really proud of, you can still save the blueprint to your harddrive so at least you can share it or use it in singleplayer later on.

Anyway, keep up the good work, Hexane! There are almost no other servers like this (balanced economy) that I have found so far, so it\'s really great to have a server like this to play on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    (By the way, I\'m very much tempted to drop my server and join yours)

I currently own and run a server, I also want a balances survival server. How did you prevent downloads and modify the economy? If its too technical for me, I may find myself joining yours instead.

I enjoyed being admin, so if I do join your server, I may apply. (After I get settled of course)

Also, are you running it off of your machine, or do you use a hosting service?

How long do you plan on keeping this server going?

(If I invest my time into a server, I\'d like to know my progress wont be wiped shortly after)

I hope I kept this post relevant enough to the topic to earn a response to my question, thank you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    noah4th

The way I am currently preventing blueprints is a script that automatically detects and deletes new ones. So far the server engine is fine with this...

The machine is a dedicated server with the specs posted above.

I plan on keeping this server going as long as their is a significant community.

Reaction score
    This is the only server so far where you can expect meaningful PvP beyond 5 minutes after joining. Moral choices matter as selling someone else\'s salvagers is a great shortcut in expanding your ship ; stealing undocked ships causes a real loss due to the lack of blueprints.

It\'s a pity so many faction homebases are remote enough that their owners may as well play singleplayer...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Server seems to be down. Watch this space for updates on its status. If you can log in, or have any other questions / concerns you can send me a message on this site, or even send a chat.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The server is up now, however, many of you will not be able to join uness you log in to it with a different account name. I know this may cause some frustration, but until we can get the server restarted, you will have to have patience. Thank you for your understanding.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yea I am seeing several reports from other server operators where people dc/leave and a null connection is left open for them. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Server is updated. Update to current version, and the server is running. Hopefully this update fixed the EOFexception issues.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The server seems to have gone down a version, back to .09377, according to its banner on starmade-servers.com.

If this is accurate, I have no idea how or why this is the case, but it explains why no one can connect right now. This theory can be tested if someone knows how to downgrade their client and is willing to try it. I\'m not quite that technically savvy or willing to poke around in my folders.

However, one of you might be, so if you do try that, and it works, please let someone know by posting here, or sending me a message on this site.

For now Ill send a message to Hexane. This may have been purposeful in order to serve a purpose. Either way, thank you for your patience and time on the server. We enjoy having such a unique, some-what decent, almost likeable community, and hope you keep coming back.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Correction: Version is fine, but you may have to log in under a different use name, as the EOFexception problem still seems to exist and plague us.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    noah4th, you can run /shutdown when this happens and it will restart the server automatically after shutdown (as long as it was a clean shut down....)