Thoughts on Crafting Changes

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Any thoughts or interesting observations on the crafting changes we've been seeing? I'm definitely enjoying the adjustable factories. It makes a big difference in building factories.

Are manufacturing materials like capsules and raw ore taking up less space? I don't remember what they were before but they seem smaller than I recall.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Was there an update or the dev build or something?
    I hav't seen any patch notes or indication of any crafting changes recently.
    Do you have a source or was this just your experiance in the latest dev build:?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Well the adjustable factories in the dev build are real. Not sure if they were announced or not, but now you can link your basic fac to 1000 enhancers, and while using the factory GUI easily set how many units it produces per tick. On the fly. That is super nice.

No stats on the size of goods. I will compare dev to release when I get a chance.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well the adjustable factories in the dev build are real. Not sure if they were announced or not, but now you can link your basic fac to 1000 enhancers, and while using the factory GUI easily set how many units it produces per tick. On the fly. That is super nice.

No stats on the size of goods. I will compare dev to release when I get a chance.
    Very nice!
    That certiantly is a welcome change.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Very nice!
    That certiantly is a welcome change.
    Yep. That factory change is long overdue, and fulfills several requests I have seen for something like that to happen.

+1 for Schine, this month anyway... I guess they are actually working on at least a few other random details people have been asking for while they do this power thing.

Reaction score
    Yes, factories can now be limited to producing just as many bocks you want to.

Also, factories, storage and shipyard computers now have a removal dialogue if they're in use (as in you have inventory stored in them). This reminds you that it is in use, and prevents accidental removing of said blocks in case you're derping out after a long day of building, or have a tendency to go oops a lot. It's only one click more to remove these blocks anyway and having a visual reminder of "Hey, you relly wanna do that?" is a good one when your brain is so deep in build mode that you forget things like storage inventories.