This game would be a lot more fun if...

Reaction score
    This game would be a lot more fun if.

1 healing beams replaced destroyed blocks.

2 repairing at a shop replaced destroyed blocks.

3 shipyards repaired ships for free without needing the block to replace.

As things are right now though PVP is dreadful, combat of any kind is disastrous and player base is nonexistent.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    1) I agree the astrotech needs the ability to replace missing blocks, amusing the resources exist.

2) If blocks were in stock, sure why not?

3) No, blocks from nowhere makes no sense. You could park a core in the shipyard and tell it to "repair" to a large ship without having any resources or requiring any credits.

I very much agree we need easier ways to repair damage from combat, especially with a focus on fleets we need to be able to conveniently repair many ships.

Reaction score
    1) I agree the astrotech needs the ability to replace missing blocks, amusing the resources exist.

2) If blocks were in stock, sure why not?

3) No, blocks from nowhere makes no sense. You could park a core in the shipyard and tell it to "repair" to a large ship without having any resources or requiring any credits.

I very much agree we need easier ways to repair damage from combat, especially with a focus on fleets we need to be able to conveniently repair many ships.
    No that's just it having to replace lost blocks is what makes this game have such a low player base.
    No one likes to continuously have to do the same things over and over and over again!

That's why there's no real PVP and that's why this game is really not that fun.

If there's people who like hard-core IE: realistic needing blocks to replace. Then they should have a hard-core option but they also seriously need a soft core option!

If they did so The devs would instantly see a massive influx of players because this game is awesome.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That's why there's no real PVP and that's why this game is really not that fun.
    Speak for yourself, thats one reason I like it.

Minecraft isn't exactly known for fierce PvP action either, but its still fun.

Some people actually LIKE simply gathering resources and building cool things. I'm one of them. If you just want to jump straight into combat and not worry about losing anything when you die, just respawn and keep going, might I suggest a FPS like Call of Duty or Halo?

This is a voxel game. The entire genre is built around gathering resources and building. That is literally 90% of the entire genre.

Reaction score
    This game would be a lot more fun if.

1 healing beams replaced destroyed blocks.

2 repairing at a shop replaced destroyed blocks.

3 shipyards repaired ships for free without needing the block to replace.

As things are right now though PVP is dreadful, combat of any kind is disastrous and player base is nonexistent.
    1. If you have the blocks, then, I like that idea.

2. If you have the funds, and they're in stock, then you should be able to do that. Nice idea.

3. No. Just no. I shouldn't even need to explain why.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'd expect difficulty adjustments somewhere down the line.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd expect difficulty adjustments somewhere down the line.
    We have them now, actually. You can set AI difficulty in the launcher. Only problem is that it applies to enemies and your own turrets alike.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    No one likes to continuously have to do the same things over and over and over again!
    Which is exactly why there will be features that allow you to take another route to getting the resources you need, such as trading, passive resource generation, or looting.

If they did so The devs would instantly see a massive influx of players because this game is awesome.
    There are more issues with the game other than grinding for resources, like the fact that about 50% of the game is not in any way really implemented yet.

Reactions: nightrune

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    We have them now, actually. You can set AI difficulty in the launcher. Only problem is that it applies to enemies and your own turrets alike.
    I was referring to more refined settings. The difficulty setting merely effects AI accuracy nothing else.

Reaction score
    I love Criss's answer. For repairing ships ... no, you cannot generate blocks. You got yourself in that mess, get yourself out. You want PvP, build something expendable or build something bigger and badder than the other guys. Then you don't have to repair too often.
    For shops replacing blocks ... perhaps according to a saved version of the ship that takes in changes that YOU did to it, non-combat-involved alterations should not be allowed on the blueprints if you want to repair it. However, that's COMPLICATED and STORAGE-INTENSIVE to store that much information.
    So the current system is enough. Just head to a shipyard, deconstruct, put missing blocks in, and reconstruct. DONE!
    If it takes awhile ... be more careful/more patient/better at PvP? I don't know what to tell you, this kinda thing is low on the priority list when, as Criss said, half the game has not been implemented.
    Hey, if this is only half the game, Criss, what's the rest?
    Do I get a hint?
    What could you maniacs POSSIBLY have come up with to double the game's size?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I do agree that the repair function of the game currently is 'really wack, yo'.
    --
    The following really happened:

"Oh hey the armor bar on this ship is feeling a little low, i'm going to stop by this shop and top it off!"

"Lets see, about a 1/3 armor bar repair, the ship itself costs 1.2~ish billion credits in blocks for reference, how much could it really be?"

"My that's a lot of credits. 1,802,069,800 Credits to be exact. Huh. I see."

"Why does it cost nearly 1.5x more to repair 30% of my armor bar, than purchasing an entirely new ship in a sandbox game!"

--
    I mean sure, if you run a tree through a car in real life it will cost a hell of a lot more in labor and parts costs to fix it that it would be to scrap it an buy a new one, but this is a game, and a SANDBOX game at that.

And this cannot be repaired at a ship yard either. Your better off scrapping a ship after it gets a little bit dinged up than going and repairing when it has just 5% or less actual block damage/removed.

And trust me, I tried:

(interesting note, you cannot slave anything to astrotech beams, that's crazy am I right?)

I do think block repair can be vastly improved, but because we have had automated mining for a while (and now with fleets it got even better!) and soon passive resource generation, it should continue to cost something.

JUST NOT SO FREAKING MUCH. (for the armor bar)

Reactions: nightrune