This game is so fcking broken, how did it make it to steam with f3 still in?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    being harassed by some vet testers on a server recently, and it really shows how broken the current state of the game is, and its a fucking joke f3 has made it through all these builds as long as it has. A flaunted "PvP game" with an "Iwin" button...what a joke.

Not very impressed dev, not at all, even if you don't know how to completely read it, you can still just port to the coords to find online people to harass/kill
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421999476,1421999179][/DOUBLEPOST]While I'm on it, cloak is a fucking joke too, it needs a cd after a scan hits you, and not just be able to instant recast.

Also, the huge damage disparity to shields difference in the game is a fcking joke

also anything can die to multiple perma cloak/jam stealth disintegrator stick is a fcking joke

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    This game is in BETA. It IS BROKEN because it's a PROTOTYPE. You honesty is...appreciated.

Have you considered that it might have been left in because you're on a test server?

And was it really necessary to have that kinda poison in you post? No.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Welcome to the wonderful world of 'Alpha' games. If you don't like it, don't play on servers or don't play the game at all.

There are many hotkeys and button combos that can be abused, these will be removed by the time the game hits 1.0

All the hotkeys are there for testing/debug purposes. The game is not complete yet. Be patient.

If you are dying from a stealth dis-integrator stick, you're building your ships wrong.

Shields and weapons are fairly balanced, again, learn to build properly.

Reaction score
    These are obvious glaring mistakes that make me worry about the future of the games balance when live

The "hurrr durrr it's alpha" defence whiteknight posts you both made isn't going to work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The game can be rebalanced at ANY time. For christ sake, you can do it yourself.

Reaction score
    Whiteknighting for the sake of whiteknighting?

you can balance out f3? gee thanks brb

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Did you not read my first post?

All the hotkeys are there for testing/debug purposes. The game is not complete yet. Be patient.
    Get used to it. Seriously, thousands of people have played the game, and have loved it. Bugs, 'cheats' and all.

Just heads up. The database window (F3) doesn't show what players are using, it just shows loaded entities. When the list refreshes, it forces you back to the top. Yes people will abuse it, yes it will be removed. Yes you are an idiot.

Reactions: Keptick

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This is the fucking second post about this none issue in 24hrs. I assume you are either the same person, or friends. Welcome to alpha. The game is not finished. The devs need debugging tools. Looking for none issues? The faction hub lists faction bases, there is a chance a player is at those sectors! OH NOES! DEVS ARE STEWPID!

And on the note of disintegrators, they don't bypass shields. If you don't have shields, you deserve to fucking die.

Reactions: Zyrr and Mariux
    Reaction score
    Am I the only one who feels that ending everything with "a fcking joke" undermines any point you might be trying to make?

Other than that, what exactly is wrong with F3? I'm honestly not seeing the problem here. So they can see what sector you're in... ok? It doesn't tell them where in the sector you are and sectors can be pretty big on some servers. And even if they know you're in a sector, so what? I'm not seeing the problem here. As for your other jokes...

Cloak being able to insta-cast after a scan would make scans pointless and make permacloak ships literally immune to retaliation. Games are built around balanced gameplay and while it may not make sense why your ship can't instantly recloak, it's there for balance reasons. Unless this is literally the first game (be it video game or any other game) you have ever played, the need for balances and rules shouldn't be surprising to you.

As for damage vs shields, you can make some really beefy shields if you want. A well laid out and decently large ship can pretty much shrug off any attack a smaller or lesser built ship can throw at it. So there really isn't a disparity. Weapons will obviously be stronger than shields otherwise you end up with a Metapod battle and that's not fun for anyone.

Lastly, disintegrator blocks are considered pretty useless with very few applications. Stealth mines seems like a fantastic idea and I now wanna put some on my ship, but you'd need a fair few of them to take out the shields of anything past a fighter.

I suspect you were running around in a small ship you just built and ran into such a weapon. Once you build an actually decent ship, cloaked mines like that wont kill you.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    astly, disintegrator blocks are considered pretty useless with very few applications. Stealth mines seems like a fantastic idea and I now wanna put some on my ship, but you'd need a fair few of them to take out the shields of anything past a fighter
    Disintgrators dont deal damage to shields. The only practical use right now is a barely working self destruct.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    being harassed by some vet testers
    i more than doubt that.
    and why did you think this issue is a not open to public private bug ticket on the tracker ?
    --- oh yes ... because it totaly makes sense to tell everyone about it. thanks for doing that for everyone who missed it up to now!

*shakes head and walks away*

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Personally I never even cared to press f3 while playing nor do I know what it does. Funny.. considering I talk to the devs and big supporters of the game often enough. For what seems to be such a game breaking feature, I hardly, if ever, hear about it.

You can sit here and say we are whiteknighting and defending a broken game. Thats' the go-to for anyone that dislikes incomplete/alpha games. Give us real issues and we might listen to you. We defend the game because it has loads of potential. More so than even Minecraft in certain respects.

Come back when you're a bit more civil about this.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    ITT: Guy posts trollish post expecting all people to agree with him and puff his ego
    People point out he's doin' it wrong
    Tries to rebut it with more anger and vitriol instead of owning up his mistakes or being civil
    Expects people to get mad
    Gets totally laughed at by most popular members of community instead
    New users come in and laugh as well

Thread over? Requesting mod close to preserve the small amount of dignity he might have left, if any.

Reactions: Mariux

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ITT: Guy posts trollish post expecting all people to agree with him and puff his ego
    People point out he's doin' it wrong
    Tries to rebut it with more anger and vitriol instead of owning up his mistakes or being civil
    Expects people to get mad
    Gets totally laughed at by most popular members of community instead
    New users come in and laugh as well

Thread over? Requesting mod close to preserve the small amount of dignity he might have left, if any.
    Dayum right.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    To be fair, using both the debug menu and jumpdrive with a ship built of weapons hopping around 1 shotting thing could be an issue (Taking into account the 2 'complaints' here and that that pie guy's thread in suggestions, I think someone is, probably on redshift or something).

But yeah, everyone needs a laugh in the morning, good way to start the day. /literally just got up. #life

Status
    Not open for further replies.