Things I really wish you would fix

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Player List

• Unlock the mouse while tab is pressed so we can scroll the list
    • Change the number listed under the faction column to the factions name.

Faction Block

• Add a rank lock to the block so only people of said rank can use build blocks or ship cores on that object.
    • Add personal lock to the block so only that member can use ship core or build block on that object. And only a member of higher or leader rank can remove this setting.

Faction Salvaging

• Prevent faction members from using salvage beams on stations of their own faction. Currently its very easy to salvage the faction block off your own factions station.

Server Messages

• Please move these to the top left hand corner so they dont cover the advanced build menu or move the advanced build menu to the top left corner.
    • Give us option to convert the pop-up messages into chat window messages instead. I really dont like being spammed because someone decided to slaughter noobs at 2,2,2, while im trying to build.

Docking

• Docking can be a real chore currently for very large or oddly shaped ships. Also not fun when you coming in at 50/kph in a ship core and poor breaks. Can you just like us see the nearby docking areas we can fit into as big green boxes like in how their displayed in build mode and point the docking beam at the box itself instead of the actuall block.

Generated Stations

• We really need station blue prints for the sake of making random generated stations for pirates and abandoned stations better.
    • We also need abiltiy to control how often these spawn, and to control the loot tables for them.

Reciepes

• We need the ability to alter the groups used for the reciepes 'random' selection on the server level, the ranges for the amount of a given input that are used, and the ranges for possible number of inputs. The current min-max of 2x of one input to 10x of up to 5 inputs are a little extreme in variance at times. From way to profitable to completely useless, with leveling of the print.

Build Blocks

• These currently make salavgers obsolete against anything they can be used on. Could you give them a 100m range limit from where they are placed an a .1 second delay per block when deleting or mass deleting. That would make them comparable to a large cluster of salvage beams.

Map View

• At present the map is unusable unless your facing open space. Solid object are drawn in front of it. Can you give it its own panel window on the menu.

Radar

• Can we get an option to make this bigger, and possibly change the corner it located in? Also to make the symbols it used bigger as well. I have poor eye site and those little dots are hard to pick out at times.
    • Can you make the selected item a white circle around it base color instead of completely whitting it out. Makes it easier to clairify what your looking at.
    • And can you divide it into two radars, a front and rear radar, instead of top down view.

Navigation

• Throttle Control, when doing long journeys it would be great if lock the throttle to a given forward/backward speed. Say with the -/+ on the number pad.
    • Autopilot, when we have a way point set it would be nice if there was a toggable option to align the ship to the waypoint marker automatically.
    • Stop the zig-zagging! Following the current waypoint system makes us zig-zag across the universe to our destination, please set up sector markers on the diaganols so we dont have to cover so much space to get to our destination.

Flight Mode GUI

• The current gui while in flight mode feels cluttered even with moded gui textures. Can we have options to turn off credits indicatior, and help F1 marker.
    • Also an option to shrink the inventory bar slots, their rather big and annoying mid combat.
    • Also can you make the health bar display the hit points of the ship core while in flight mode or build mode.

Starsystems

• Could you give server admins the option to set the size of their sectors, letting the individual servers decide how big they want their universe to be.
    • System spawn chance setting. Currently every sol system has a star and planets, etc. Could you make an option of how often true star systems, like the ones we currently have spawn. With empty "void" starsystems filling in the gaps, that have no star, planets, or shop. And a set of options that allow admins to set how often asteroids, pirates, pirate stations, and abandon stations spawn in void systems.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes on the faction block suggestion. Though I think all ranks should have set permissions for a variety of things. Dont want new members messing with my buildblocks either.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    God dammit, the irony hurts me, OP - at last there\'s a thread befitting \'Features\' subforum (which right now became second Suggestions one) and you put it in Suggestions.

As for fixing, I only need a few things. Some simple way of rotating wedges and corners, improvement of exiting a core so the character stays near the core (still not fixed, apparently it depends on the angle of the ship - tilted etc ones still throw the player character outside of the whole hull), ensuring that the catalogue of blueprints works without said blueprints being corrupted and general lag/framerate adjustments which lately got bad even on single player (again, ironic since we had changes that were supposed to decrease requirements and increase how smooth the game is played).

Also, balance as hull is still very weak, shields quite strong, but AMC owning both very easily - and the power of weapons, sheilds etc scales up too easily in comparison with power demand.

Rest of what I need would be suggestions - from player character actually staying near console instead of being magically sucked into the core (which core doubles as a piloting seat to chargin of many) to stuff like GUI for AI with more behaviors and actual easy setting of which blueprint which AI factions can get and use when. But sych suggestions are a thing for a different thread.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    improvement of exiting a core so the character stays near the core (still not fixed, apparently it depends on the angle of the ship - tilted etc ones still throw the player character outside of the whole hull),

You see this in a lot of 3d physics engines, a player standing on a moving object bounces alot until their thrown clear. Instead of using cores like the we do now, we need to have chairs, cockpit assembleys that automatically activate gravity units when you exit them, and require that builders leave open space around them for proper exiting the way docking modules do.

Also, balance as hull is still very weak, shields quite strong, but AMC owning both very easily - and the power of weapons, sheilds etc scales up too easily in comparison with power demand.

Its alpha, Ive seen gold edition games with horrible game balance, so I\'m more interested in seeing it more player friendly and to a degree customizable at the server level than balanced.

lag/framerate adjustments which lately got bad even on single player (again, ironic since we had changes that were supposed to decrease requirements and increase how smooth the game is played).

I run on a very old pc, atleast until I get all the parts for my new one coming in this week. 2005 mid grade laptop with an intel card. Single is only slow because your running the server with the client on the same machine. If your multiplayers bad, try other servers(pural). I find one of favorite in the USA, where I am, laggs horribly and crashes often. While another in europe works smoothly and never seems to shutdown.

Rest of what I need would be suggestions - from player character actually staying near console instead of being magically sucked into the core (which core doubles as a piloting seat to chargin of many) to stuff like GUI for AI with more behaviors and actual easy setting of which blueprint which AI factions can get and use when. But sych suggestions are a thing for a different thread.

I agree 100% chairs we need badly, and more customization on the npc factions too.

Reaction score
    I agree with most all of these suggestons. A great start to get things to be more user friendly and less cluttered.

An appendium to docking, I would also add changing the source of the docking beam to be from your currently active cockpit. Making a big ship and having the core in the center of it, and putting a cockpit on the front, it is a pain trying to aim.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would argue that there is no need for a \"features\" and \"suggestions\" forum. As this is a suggestion about a feature and 90% of the time, thats how all \"feature\" related things are. Either that or you\'re talking about questions on how to deal with a current feature, in which that should go in Help and support.

SO my suggestion is to remove the features forum, and do like myself until then, and completly ignore its existance.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The priority in my opinion, is making it so factions do not allow for exploits. And to do that, by limting what a faction member can do by his rank. If anyone you invite to a faction can stick a buildblock on your base and destroy it in 15 seconds, you\'re not going to invite anyone to your faction.

I like that the game launched with factions in alpha, but they are broken as hell until permissions are set uyp lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with all of these but also would like to add that the docking beam should be an adjustable length since it seems to have a max range of 30-60 blocks (not tested).

This mean that ships can only be docked if the core if in the very front part of the ship making amour/hull useless since it\'s only a matter of time till your core is hit in some ways due to the new/ish shield system making big ships need to have a load of blocks to block shots but can still dock.

This can be solved through putting in a block that becomings the beam\'s begining or by making the beam be more than 30 blocks or so longer than half the ship\'s length so docking it easier.

(I have also noticed that if you have a prospetive from inside your ship even by 1 block you can\'t see any beams so it makes it hard to scavange or dock since plex glass does the same.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah docking needs to be reworked but it isn\'t game breaking yet like the lack of faction permissions. You won\'t lose your entire homebase because one bad apple tries to exploit a docking beam, but you will lose it due to bad permissions system (or lack of one)

Reaction score
    Yes, almost all of these ideas are perfect, hopefully schema, beetlebear, or one of the core testers will see this and do something about it.