The ultimate drone R&D thread

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    keptick your drone rack idea is absolutely glorious! I have added a hangar for a 12-drone rack to my WIP destroyer. I can now with the press of a button launch 12 AI drones (6 to each side) from the interior of my ship, and easily swap the rack after :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    keptick your drone rack idea is absolutely glorious! I have added a hangar for a 12-drone rack to my WIP destroyer. I can now with the press of a button launch 12 AI drones (6 to each side) from the interior of my ship, and easily swap the rack after :D
    SO MUCH YES!!!!!!! I haven't actually integrated mine into the ship it's meant for, but from what I see it's going too be epic :D . Thanks a lot for that gif btw!!!

@t3xx3r That's a calderon ship (my faction).

Reaction score
    the funny thing is that it looks as if the drones just get trown right out of the airlock.

"Noooo!!! Dont fo it please!!!! ....arggdeggghhhh ...

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    They had to go, because they had to be replaced - by visually beefed up brothers!
    Here's the current version of the rack:

Push pulse modules are the purest of headaches sometimes. The finished destroyer will include an at least 95% of the time fully functional drone rack in the special equipment hangar.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    They had to go, because they had to be replaced - by visually beefed up brothers!
    Here's the current version of the rack:

Push pulse modules are the purest of headaches sometimes. The finished destroyer will include an at least 95% of the time fully functional drone rack in the special equipment hangar.
    You use push pulses??? Are they more powerful then simply using beam-amc-push arrays?

Reaction score
    You not only throw them out, you replace them with their brothers and even tell them those were superior? Monster. I hope when all those drones form an AI collective you are their first victim

Last edited:

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    keptick, actually they seem to be horrendous - and not gaining effects from grouping. However, a checkerboard pattern of single push pulses gives quite a "blasty" result especially with light drones. I stuck with the first thing I could get to work, but my push pulse method could actually be inferior :) Try it for science, if it looks better than the drone carnage in my GIF, please do share :D

Gerion, thats the thing about one-time-use drone racks. Better pray they don't make it - that way they don't have to point their sad cameras at the jump flash of the mothership.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Keptick

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Keptick your tech has gotten past your brains capability. Such was the way of the wheels creator :p