The ultimate drone R&D thread

Reaction score
    Anyway; my dilemma is that my 1,000 damage/shot point (pure cannon/no secondary) defense guns (which were highly effective in vanilla) can't one-shot these small(-ish) missiles. I've set AI accuracy to 3500 to rule out the likelihood that the cannons are simply missing but I can see the cannon projectiles hitting the missiles and not stopping them. I saw some talk about "missile HP" in the discord recently but I didn't get a chance to read the discussion. Just how many hit points did you guys give these things?
    currently the formula is : HP = raw damage * 0.01

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    currently the formula is : HP = raw damage * 0.01
    That's more than reasonable. In fact, that's the same percentage I would have used.

I wonder if the turrets are simply missing the missiles? Is there a specific AI accuracy you recommend? The QF config automatically reset accuracy to 1000; though I've bumped it up on my system to 3500.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    That's more than reasonable. In fact, that's the same percentage I would have used.

I wonder if the turrets are simply missing the missiles? Is there a specific AI accuracy you recommend? The QF config automatically reset accuracy to 1000; though I've bumped it up on my system to 3500.
    Yeah that was it. For some reason, accuracy was reset to 200. 😡

3500 is ineffective vs missiles since the gun fires before the missile enters its (accurate) range. I'm testing at 5000 so we'll see how that goes.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yeah that was it. For some reason, accuracy was reset to 200. 😡

3500 is ineffective vs missiles since the gun fires before the missile enters its (accurate) range. I'm testing at 5000 so we'll see how that goes.
    I've encountered that issue as well (the accuracy being reset to 200 thing). Looks like it's a bug if I'm not the only one getting it...

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I've encountered that issue as well (the accuracy being reset to 200 thing). Looks like it's a bug if I'm not the only one getting it...
    I just got finished my tests. This is what I've noticed.

- AI has a delayed reaction time before it actually aims and fires. This also happens with my beam fighters.
    - AI will not use the full firing rate of any stock or CC cannons.
    - If your weapon has multiple outputs, the AI will not use focused, unfocused or volley fire. Instead, it will fire every output sequentially in a burst, pause for a second and then repeat.

This is especially disappointing since I built a 4 output CIWS-type turret that has a firing rate of 2400 rounds per minute when set to volley fire (that's 40 shots in a second) at 47 damage per round. Something like that would be an ideal small scale point defense unit but the AI limits me to about 240 rounds per minute via a 4 round burst every second.

Reactions: Keptick