The Tartaran Empire - Recruiting

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    So u destroyed CR ships while the officers were offline. You say that they ran, of course they ran, they were new players without anyone to point them in the right direction due to all of us bring ASLEEP. At least we have the balls to leave ships destructible, should yours have actually been destructible I assure you that you won't even have a fleet left.

Sure you can argue its fine to dock ships, but it doesn't look good when you brag about killing unmanned ones.

Infact we were planning to attack you guys that day, but were forced to call off when the server went under constant lag and frequent crashes. And may I remind you that the CR was present during your death? It just so happens that Iv did the final blow. Like I aid, the CR would be more then glad to engage you directly, just that your guys are never online when we are.
    Blah blah blah blah blah! Excuse after excuse is the CR's only strong asset. We gave your guy 6 HOURS to inform you and your ragtag band of children to come on and give anything even resembling a proper defense! And I wouldn't call it balls, Niner, I'd call it stupidity with garnish of arrogance. Only a complete fool would leave his ships undocked in the middle of a war, call it 'bravery' all you want. We call it complete and utter stupidity. And have you ever seen us brag? Has anyone for that matter? We're just stating the truth here. We destroyed some ships controlled by AI. They died very quickly. At least we've never bragged about attacking 3 people on our own and then bragged about running away. Congratulations. Your ships are better at running away than fighting. You may as well rename yourself the French Republic.

And yeah, yeah. Present, but not actually doing ANYTHING. Well done.

And different timezones and server lag aren't my problem. You should've thought about that before declaring a war to stroke your ailing ego.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I imagine this is what it's like when two real world nations get on eachother's case.

However, i'm going to support Incap with this one. Leaving ships undocked is absolute idiocy. However, with the coming faction home base stuff eventually, I dont think it'll matter too much whether ships are docked or not. Not once have I seen Incap or any of his fellow faction members brag about anything, at all. All I see of TwoNiner, however, is self-glorification. Which is alright, in limited numbers. When you start pulling the crap you are, though, Niner, You look simply arrogant and plain stupid. I dont think you'll find very many allies with the way your acting; so unless your aim is to become enemy to everyone, i'd take a step back and look in a mirror. Read the crap you've said both on here and on the Calderon Republic thread. You are NOT giving yourself a very flattering outward appearance

Here's some free Adenian Advice™:

Knock it off.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on anything, but so far this war seems rather pointless.

Reactions: Nauvran
    Reaction score
    These retarded arguments and self-inflation, AFK property destruction and shit-slinging contests are always what put me off of a real PVP faction. Get your shit sorted out, have a 2-day agreement of alerting the enemy faction before attacking, allowing for an agreed time that is suitable for the most players to engage in decent combat.

Please.

6 hours is not enough, I know that on the odd occasion, I'll be up until maybe 5am, but that doesn't mean that it's an ideal time for me, it's the same for anyone, so getting everyone in the right place at the right time is crucial for both sides to have fun.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    These retarded arguments and self-inflation, AFK property destruction and shit-slinging contests are always what put me off of a real PVP faction. Get your shit sorted out, have a 2-day agreement of alerting the enemy faction before attacking, allowing for an agreed time that is suitable for the most players to engage in decent combat.

Please.

6 hours is not enough, I know that on the odd occasion, I'll be up until maybe 5am, but that doesn't mean that it's an ideal time for me, it's the same for anyone, so getting everyone in the right place at the right time is crucial for both sides to have fun.
    I'm sorry, but this is kinda gibberish really. I speak from Vaygr Experience in saying that -2 days- warning for an ENTIRE server wasn't enough time (Referencing to the Last Vaygr Invasion of Nass), "trying to coordinate a time" is Pointless, Since that leads to delay after delay cause 1 side wants to get Max people online. And that is Useless.

A Faction's True strength is in its AVERAGE online member count, not its total. And if the faction is only on during a certain time of the Day, then they should say so in their Recruitment thread (Seen many people Join factions, then get annoyed at the fact no one was ever online).
    6 Hours is PLENTY depending on the timezones involved and the time of day in them. If the Announced time was around 3pm Central American time, then there is Little to no reason to call that unacceptable. A faction should not handicap itself because the other is disorganized, More so if the Original attackers are the disorganized ones.

The Most I would say for a good warning is 24 hours; A heads up for those who Would Normally be on around that time, and alerts the people who might be available to get on. If you had a faction with say 20 members for example, and could only gather 3 -Responses- in 24 hours, then the faction isn't as big as you think it is.

Theres a Fine line difference between having 10 Active members, and 10 Casual members, And I wish faction leaders would keep that in Mind before Boosting about size/numbers and taking Action.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Please.

The point is its not an ideal time, We gave a line member a warning. If the CR had adequate communication lines, the message would have gotten through, and a response could have been formed. However, as I strongly suspect. The member simply posted the message in the faction message board, meaning it would take until an officer checked the forums to realise what was going on.
    If the member had a channel such as skype or even knew twoniners number, the message would have gotten through a lot more quickly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    U
    The point is its not an ideal time, We gave a line member a warning. If the CR had adequate communication lines, the message would have gotten through, and a response could have been formed. However, as I strongly suspect. The member simply posted the message in the faction message board, meaning it would take until an officer checked the forums to realise what was going on.
    If the member had a channel such as skype or even knew twoniners number, the message would have gotten through a lot more quickly.
    ur implying that I should somehow hear my phone ring mid sleep, jump out of bed and immediately log on to the server? If that's the kind of dedication the TE has then I applaud you, but I know that my members and I have a life outside the game to live, I don't blame them nor do I even expect them to do such a thing. You wanna point fingers? Then fine, leave the CR alone, it was my fault for falling asleep.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    So CR doesnt have any Officers at all? Just underlings that do your biding?
    I believe the point was not to Notify YOU, but the faction. So any form of communication group (Even a shoutbox on a forums) was all that was needed to tell the MEMBERS that there was an attack. Coordination could be done by an OFFICER as well, no need to do everything yourself, and no one expects you to.

You have to remember, CR is Leanson's faction, and I know that he doesn't hold hands and do everything himself. There should be some Appointed officers. Use them.

Edit, my spelling is horrid this morning.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    thanks Tao.
    we have officers our ranking system established that. Information should go from amy level to the top, and then me, two, and our ranking members take action.
    it is important and vital to let your faction find its grove, so each member find their place. And yes I hold no hand, and those who have spoke to me, I pull no punches. Each of member has the ability to act and make a deterrence, each member has the chance to fail. Mistakes are such, and should not define them, as long as they will move past them and learn.
    no one came to fight, that's established, its a game, that a more established fact. A faction's action should not be dictated by anothers. Two acted as he did, and I will stand by him. My absence has gained me several enemies, well good.

Reaction score
    U

ur implying that I should somehow hear my phone ring mid sleep, jump out of bed and immediately log on to the server? If that's the kind of dedication the TE has then I applaud you, but I know that my members and I have a life outside the game to live, I don't blame them nor do I even expect them to do such a thing. You wanna point fingers? Then fine, leave the CR alone, it was my fault for falling asleep.
    starmade messages go to my e-mail, my e-mail goes to my phone, my phone stays with me at all times, thus I can be informed at a moments notice, if you take fault from this because you fell a sleep, use shift commanders, Inari my ghost fleet fleet commander covers asia time zone + 8hrs gmt, I cover gmt and I had leanson cover -8hrs gmt when he was euro-corp, but even now with reduced numbers Zoro or karnage king or a ranking member of the vaygr can make decisions if needs be. this wasn't even an official process it just happens when people work togeather naturally. leadership needs redundancy supporting members who can stand tall when the need is there, especially during war time.

The expression, "don't go writing checks your ass can't cash." fits in this situation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The Tartaran Empire has decided to move to Elwyn Eternity due to the recent instability and performance issues of NASS. This means that we will establish presence on Elwyn and move our personnel and bases there. We welcome anyone to follow suit should they wish to increase the playerbase of Elwyn and thus create an environment that is ideal for multiplayer. We have also finished constructing our new Hades shipyard which will debut on Elwyn and provide a strong base from which we will conduct operations. Many of our other new ships, such as the Kraken, upgraded versions of the Manticore, Chimera, and Scylla, as well as the under-construction ships Echidna, Hyperion and Chronus are also expected to be revealed for the first time on Elwyn.

Exciting times ahead.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    You better call Nass admins before any serious battle so that they can perform CPR on the server after it dies.

Reaction score
    Elwyn is a really good server and the own Gravy is active everyday. The NASS Admins of 4242 pale in comparison to Elwyn staff... Big battles happen all the time, we welcome TE to Elwyn.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Yeah, i heard they're making a plugin that will make factions able to claim sectors.
    PS: Do not say that every faction will claim every sector, i'm sure they're aware that something like that will happen and they will balance it.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The sector claiming system can only be abused so far if you have ALOT of spare time, as you can only claim the sector you are in

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You can make claiming points or something... Also this is not the best thread for server discussions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It has been a long time since I last played star made. Am I still part of the faction?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It has been a long time since I last played star made. Am I still part of the faction?
    We have had several wipes, getting rid of all the inactive people on our roster. It helps keep things clean. You can still re-apply for your old position.