The Tartaran Empire - Recruiting

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Not this time. I've passed some rules of warfare onto the CR to make sure we can avoid such things.
    It's good to see that someone is supporting roleplay battles or if you don't like the term roleplay battles then a Organized battle term sounds better (Battles without kiting or randomly ramming ships that cause the servers to go crazy).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just a heads up kiting is a tactic commonly used to avoid damage taken by maneuvering out of your opponents cone of fire. It should not be confused with type of kiting you are imagining which involves running away to another sector.

Last edited:

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Just a heads up kiting is a tactic commonly used to avoid damage taken by maneuvering out of your opponents come of fire. It should not be confused with type of kiting you are imagining which involves running away to another sector.
    Personally, I occasionally use sniper ships with high thrust to stay away from enemies' main guns while putting out damage that way. It is a legitimate tactic - if an infuriating one for the slower ship.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Personally, I occasionally use sniper ships with high thrust to stay away from enemies' main guns while putting out damage that way. It is a legitimate tactic - if an infuriating one for the slower ship.
    that is what I do at times.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Though I'm neither in TE nor CR, perhaps allowances could be made for missile spam against kiters? It might be a problem of ship design, but it can definitely be worked around by allowing for a more even playing field. Backing into an asteroid or lagging across a sector border could give the chasing ship an opportunity to turn over the battle, and kiting can be used to lead ships into traps.

Perhaps instead of using a generic term, you guys could agree upon a set maximum engagement range?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I'd prefer no kiting, because of sector changes. This has been a problem in the past, with multiple sector changes causing crashes. For a 1v1 skirmish between smaller ships are fine. But with capital class ships it's a bit of a problem. I'm just looking to reduce server lag.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Kitting as you define it isn't really a problem on servers like Elwyn which have 10km large sectors. That's also why I think that default server size should be set at 5km.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So if you eliminate kiting, am I correct to say that I should expect your ships to attack mine in only a head on tactic, and that they should in no way attempt to dodge my main weapons?

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Alright - so... At least attempt to stay in-sector or something, if it's that big of a problem.

What distance would you consider to be a victorious retreat?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Isn't pulling back to allow shields/power to recharge for a sec or two before charging back in a valid tactic?

Besides, kitting on sector edges shouldn't be confused with strafing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just a note, it doesn't really benefit the CR in anyway if kiting were to be allowed, because we would much rather take TE ships head on in a fight.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It kind of renders ships that rely more on higher agility to get in a target's dead zone useless. I don't think that completely denying a certain playstyle is the right thing to do. But then again, both your factions favor "brute" type ships. Heavy weapons and shielding with lower agility.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Most of our ships are indeed gank and tank, however we do field ships with separate roles during fleet ops, example X tanks paired with Z main DPS carries and Y DPS supports.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Would you kindly take this discussion to a thread for discussion or take it in a pm?
    This thread is for applications and announcements.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think it is time for us to have a fleet battle. Talk to two to discuss a time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Application form:

IGN: iHasTnt

Strengths in Starmade: Good Tactician/Fighter.

Desired section (e.g. Military)(For builder please show previous Work): Military.

Timezone: (GMT +2:00) Athens

How often are you online? I will be able to login every day on the main server or only on the website if i have work to do.

Skype Address: iHasTnt (No Microphone)

Previous Factions: Invictus League (Leader)

Previous Bans: None.

PS:
    I won't be able to participate in anything because i'm on vacation and my laptop is not able to play Starmade. I will be back on the 25th of August but i will be online everyday until i'm back (on the forums).

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Kiwi I would rather say that it's Hades that gets people to crash.
    But oh Well, I guess it depends on what kind of Ship you arive in mad How your pc performs.

PS. Dont try to write in english with an IPad that has a Danish autocorrect on.