The Swarm #hostile #alien #nomad #anarchy #roleplay

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Maybe if there was a way to see the front on a deformed cube lol(not really complaining, i used to build cubish stuff too, and sort of still do but try not to)
    i took a couple of pics so i may have got the front

And i probably could had loaded the whole front as i was getting 30-40 FPS but idk

And a few "tips"

-my old Carrier-S has as many lasers and missile blocks and its like 6-7x smaller, so i would suggest to add some more weapons.

-Dont make those "lag sticks" of blocks, it looks sort of cool but it looks like its made to lag too.

-Try to add some wedges and a "better" shape, cant really help here since im not skilled on it

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    heres my advice... if u want to build a doomcube DONT! build a death ball... ah yes one of my first ships was a ball that could kill things many times its size... i made a larger version of it recently

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, that stardestroyer stuff was horrible. As I wrote before, it was our member's own initiative, disapproved by me.
    Unnamed25, you old wrench, could you at least make a screenshot from the front, huh? Oh, you couldn't have loaded it completely to see, where the front was. A pity.

As to the ship above, after 5 days of offline testing I decided to dismantle it, as it would take about 350 HH (approx 43 days of full-time job every day) of work to reduce the lag effect, which I don't have.

It is really a pity to lose all those efforts, though now I know more about starmade design limitations. The next mothership is planned already. Hope it will avoid its predecessor's issues and laggy nature. I will post news about it here.

For those, who were interested in stats of the old ship.
    It had about 13 million blocks in it, 140k missile launcher blocks separated into several groups, 120k damage beams blocks, several groups of effect blocks, 3 jumpjets (for long jumps).
    Shield, shield recharge and energy stats are still considered to be a secret information, though as a reference note that Orphaniel's REX http://starmadedock.net/content/rex.1421/ would be destroyed by it in approx. 130 seconds with complete return fire.
    After that the shields would be damaged, but not depleted.

Animation + light = Lag.

I suggest putting anything over it, even dirt would do since exposed blocks with animation (Systems got animation) and god forbid LIGHTING (Power tanks) would kaput the server.