The Swarm #hostile #alien #nomad #anarchy #roleplay

Reaction score
    From ye darkest Depths of Space they hath cometh once in an Epoque to finish one and begin another utterly ravaging decent civilised Lyfe and wrecking ye Havoc and scything ye Existence, demolishing versal Planets and Sectors. Their Names and Phenotypes hath not survived ye periods of brute horror, yet ye only given Name to be known was ye Swarm.

Brief
    We are a new roleplay faction, dedicated to making peaceful life not that peaceful. Each our appearence should be like an event on the server. We bring war to every structured and civilised faction with almost no exceptions. And yes, we are not humans.

Ship designs
    We use strange large ships (struggling a lot not to make doomcubes of them) of inhuman design and with nice to excellent battle stats.
    Some pics for inspiration purposes under the spoiler

Station designs
    As a nomad faction, The Swarm mostly uses motherships for production and docking purposes. Though a random captured human base can be used for a temporary storage and jump outpost, thus becoming a home station for some time.

Politics and diplomacy
    The Swarm does not negotiate with human beings, there are two states of diplomacy with the faction, either the Swarm doesn't notice a faction, either it destroys it, announcing the attack loudly so that every foe be defending its homeworld and perish there, all in one place.

Inner structure and ranking, the behaviour rules
    Being a symbyotic race, the Swarm members have no strong ranks division, every member can change itself to be more suitable for the current situation. The Swarm has no rules and restrictions except for:
    1. Do not offend other people out of roleplay boudaries. Roleplay must remain roleplay. Starmade is an awesome friendly community and must remain one.
    2. Do not build doomcubes. In case you made one, make it as fancy and queer looking as you can. Otherwise the ship can be scrapped or banished from faction.
    3. Do not ruin other people's game. Play respectfully. In case you are not sure about your actions, ask the server admin if it is legal or not before executing it.
    Recruitment and the server we play on
    Currently the Swarm is based on The Elwyneternity server elwyneternity.com
    In case you are interested and want to join us, log in and look for anyone who has THE SWARM badge on his name in Tab menu.

Communication channels, chat, teamspeak etc
    Currently in progress. Looking for a community manager to work with all this stuff, as the owner got work and real life.

Warning
    It is not a faction for a player who wants to chill safely aside. We are at war with largest factions of the server (and perhaps of the whole community), so forget about having a green lawn and a tiny house somewhere in between the stars. Be ready to lose everything every 5 minutes. Be ready to gain as twice as much every second.[DOUBLEPOST=1414778255,1414778106][/DOUBLEPOST]*reserved

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Do not build doomcubes. In case you made one, make it as fancy and queer looking as you can. Otherwise the ship can be scrapped or banished from faction.
    Did you not build one to take on the CR?

Reaction score
    #Hashtags #In #inappropriate #places

Nevertheless I like the idea. I wish the Swarm the best of luck. Though, I may ask: Why do you seek war and chaos to all things?

I have to ask, where are those screens from? Especially the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Dunno, the swarm thus far is insignificant to the point even a PM about them was not made.

Though more players the merrier. :D

We in the CR will take any challenge and overcome. :D

PS: anything short of using a home base to spawn camp will not get the admins on you. We parked a station outside AA with no protection and the admins left it to cause havoc

:D

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Currently in progress. Looking for a community manager to work with all this stuff, as the owner got work and real life.
    Btw, EE has a TS server and gives out channels to factions, I can set one up for you if you want. (notice to other factions too) :)

Reaction score
    Even from the very beginning it was the most non-doomcube doomcube ever seen, I believe. We can flame a lot here, discussing what is a DC and what is not, but anyways that ship is being reworked for the last week for the sake of non-lagging and being cute. Though I find it extremely difficult to flatten the surface and to not turn it into a DC:) Doing my best at it.
    #Though, I may ask: Why do you seek war and chaos to all things?

I have to ask, where are those screens from? Especially the 3rd, 4th and 5th.
    Absence of conflicts lead to absence of development, stagnation and dullness. EE is widely known around the SM as:
    a) a place, where u can travel and build fast and a lot
    b) a place, where NOTHING happens. It is not my quotation, it is a quote from the chat u can see behind this window.
    I wish to add dynamics and fun.
    As to the screenshots, these are from deviantart, I believe, it comes from the same artist. U may try to google the pics, 99% it will find him.

Btw, EE has a TS server and gives out channels to factions, I can set one up for you if you want. (notice to other factions too) :)
    I believe one of our members, Noblekiller, already talked to Gravy about that and got a channel, but I can't find any info about it. Having a channel would be splenid, so in case u can dedicate one, I would be grateful.

Reactions: Mortiferum
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hmm, decorating a doom cube.

Did I see a player who wants to play for fun and not be power gamer 36042069 no scope? Sorry, hadn't seen that in a while. :p

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not...doom...cubes?

False. I'm going to go with false.

Also Starfleet and us shredded most everything you owned on Elwyn and ran away with a doomcubified star destroyer of yours because you blew up an unshielded salvager while nobody of ours was online. Thanks for the free resources.

-Banter ends-

No offense, but if you're going to attack every major faction at once *cough* Bradley *cough* be prepared to lose. A lot. Often. Without mercy. Whatever you've faced yet from the major factions was people who got bored and took a couple of light craft out for a spin. Most of us don't consider you more than a fly on the windshield of progress.

That said, maybe you are something greater than we have all seen thus far. Only time will tell.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    CR do like conflict, as do many factions on EE. I'm glad to see a group that wants to have fun and grow.

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    with a doomcubified star destroyer of yours
    The "author" of those marvellous stardestroyers etc ran for his life from the faction and is considered to be a personal enemy of the faction. We had difficulties from the very beginning. Now they are solved in the way the Swarm usually solves difficulties. Destroys them.

And thank you for your care about our future. But the most possible way the Swarm can lose is if I get bored by the very idea of it:D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Not...doom...cubes?

False. I'm going to go with false.

Also Starfleet and us shredded most everything you owned on Elwyn and ran away with a doomcubified star destroyer of yours because you blew up an unshielded salvager while nobody of ours was online. Thanks for the free resources.

-Banter ends-

No offense, but if you're going to attack every major faction at once *cough* Bradley *cough* be prepared to lose. A lot. Often. Without mercy. Whatever you've faced yet from the major factions was people who got bored and took a couple of light craft out for a spin. Most of us don't consider you more than a fly on the windshield of progress.

That said, maybe you are something greater than we have all seen thus far. Only time will tell.
    So i give this random guy i found a free frigate, then i stop playing and this happens.

Cool

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Every time you use a hashtag a hamster dies.
    #stophashtags

oh wait

Reaction score
    Yeah, that stardestroyer stuff was horrible. As I wrote before, it was our member's own initiative, disapproved by me.
    Unnamed25, you old wrench, could you at least make a screenshot from the front, huh? Oh, you couldn't have loaded it completely to see, where the front was. A pity.

As to the ship above, after 5 days of offline testing I decided to dismantle it, as it would take about 350 HH (approx 43 days of full-time job every day) of work to reduce the lag effect, which I don't have.

It is really a pity to lose all those efforts, though now I know more about starmade design limitations. The next mothership is planned already. Hope it will avoid its predecessor's issues and laggy nature. I will post news about it here.

For those, who were interested in stats of the old ship.
    It had about 13 million blocks in it, 140k missile launcher blocks separated into several groups, 120k damage beams blocks, several groups of effect blocks, 3 jumpjets (for long jumps).
    Shield, shield recharge and energy stats are still considered to be a secret information, though as a reference note that Orphaniel's REX http://starmadedock.net/content/rex.1421/ would be destroyed by it in approx. 130 seconds with complete return fire.
    After that the shields would be damaged, but not depleted.