NP The Su-Ku: New faction, now recruiting!

Reaction score
    Hello, Star made dock! I am Employee763, and I've come to Star Made dock in order to begin recruiting for my new faction, the Su-Ku Federation. This faction will provide an experience unlike any other in Star Made - democratically elected leaders, highly organized, and will cater to many different kinds of playstyles. Whether you want to bust heads open, build badass ships, or just stay home and get drunk, all kinds of players will be able to find a home.

What are the Su-ku?
    Essentially, the Su-Ku resemble the Lanius from FTL. A race made from organic metal, the Su-Ku have unique abilities to interact with metal. They do not need to breath oxygen. More info can be found here: http://ragnarok-galaxy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Su-Ku,_Metal_with_souls (I apologize for the state of the article, I did not create the race)

How does the race relate to the fact?
    The idea behind the Su ku is a drifting vagabond race of metal scavengers. The idea behind this faction is these nomads coming together, settling down, and creating something new.

What will you offer that's different than other factions?

1. Democratically elected leaders. My plan is to hold elections for a leader every two months, and election for congress the same. What I have in mind is me, making sure no one causes trouble as leader (Being elected and disbanded) the "president"(Making overarching decisions, like when to go to war, changing law, etc) And congress, whose purpose to vote on legislature. The possibilities for what the faction can do and where it can go are endless.

2. Focus on making Star Made fun. Instead of focusing on the regular, linear gameplay of mining--->building titan--->Doing nothing with titan, we will emphasize things like boarding combat, territory conquest, trade deals, RP, etc. The plan is to play the game like a Civ 5 match, but played from Star Made's first person perspective.

3. Cool building style. Picture the Lanius ships from FTL. Here are some pictures:

4. How can I join?
    Simply join the Ragnarok Galaxy roleplay server. and PM me in game. My IGN is Employee763. Here is the link to the server thread: http://starmadedock.net/threads/rag...t-rp-dangerous-reavers-active-community.4317/

Here are some pictures of the base. It isn't much yet, (Simply me and some small structures I've built):

Main storage, manufacturing, and build unit. Note the spiky metal architecture.

The headquarters:

Located deep underground , it is where faction members and officers can share information about what's going on in the faction. I've posted some things I've done and completed, and some things I am looking forward to doing.

Post here on the thread with questions or to express a desire to join, and I'll PM you with the necessary information. Thanks for reading, and fly safe!

tl;dr: Starting new faction from ground up, cool race, democracy, pew pew pew, etc
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441855305,1441854576][/DOUBLEPOST]((I apologize for any typos, the forum does not seem to want me to edit my posts)

Reaction score
    How active is this server? Are there competing factions willing to fight, or is the server suffering from, as you put it: "building titan--->Doing nothing with titan". I have found, my desire for conquest gets stamped quickly by a lack of opponents and reason for strife.

Reaction score
    How active is this server? Are there competing factions willing to fight, or is the server suffering from, as you put it: "building titan--->Doing nothing with titan". I have found, my desire for conquest gets stamped quickly by a lack of opponents and reason for strife.
    The server is pretty active. Generally, about 10-15 players are on.

It's a very heavy RP server, so most of the time people get their kicks from RP scenarios, like cold wars and whatnot. Unfortunately, there aren't many large scale battles, but there are a few and are fun when they occur. Here's the IC forums for the server if you are interested: http://ragnarokgalaxy.com/forums/forum/ic-communications/

That being said, the Su-Ku are a race all about metal. Going to war with a faction for their metal will be RP justifiable. Simply elect a leader who is pro-war and we already have a built in reason to attack someone. Depending on how fast we grow, I hope the first large scale war we enter will occur within a few months or so.

Reaction score
    So I made a little something today for the home planet.

It's an automated mining unit. This is it under construction in the shipyard.

This is it being lifted into orbit for deployment elsewhere on the planet.

And here it is in action! Mostly automated, though I gotta figure some better computer systems.

Planet mining on the server is limited, and the default multiplication bonus is high, so it makes this all worthwhile. And I can sit back and relax while the machine does all the work!

Reactions: Lecic