The StarMade youtube channel is back alive

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

to give a neutral and more short way to get your latest starmade news, the youtube channel is back alive. Thanks to the overwhelming support from the youtubers we plan to have several people posting videos there. Foremost little 30sec cuts of features of dev builds.

But also cross promotion with other channels is planned.

Here is the first little update video:

More will come very soon!

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ORGASM[DOUBLEPOST=1411079429,1411079357][/DOUBLEPOST]You should probably make the music a tad louder though ;)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Awesome! I like this, short and to the point news about the game.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Yey

Its nice that this will also document development of the game in a way that later on we can come back and see the course the game took :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Are we going to be able to set up turrets as anti missile units? Like the anti Tac Missile turrets from SupCom? That would be a perfect use of light rapid fire or beam turrets.

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Schema, always coming through for the community.

I'm sure you've made a good amount of people pretty happy by doing this.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    [DOUBLEPOST=1411088216,1411087900][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Are we going to be able to set up turrets as anti missile units? Like the anti Tac Missile turrets from SupCom? That would be a perfect use of light rapid fire or beam turrets.
    Yes, yes we will :D (I know, it's fraking amazing)

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don't think you guys appreciate the new combat strategies that will arise with shootable missiles.

Think about it: Instead of vessels simply sitting and shooting at each other, it would be a game of making sure hostile missiles don't land while trying to land your own shots on the attacking vessel. It's a little like modern naval combat. It would cause a need for a new type of anti-missile turrets. This is pretty great.

Reaction score
    I would like to mention, I really, really love the idea of making these update videos into a digest like this with links to the original. It helps get more Starmade Youtubers noticed quite a bit more and you can pick and choose from many examples. A really great way of handling things.

Plus, it also is good to see the Official channel running again. I think it helps make the project not look abandoned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    It would cause a need for a new type of anti-missile turrets. This is pretty great.
    Yes, I'd love this. CIWS computers when? This will give a much better role to rapid fire cannons, and at the same time give a nice counter to current missiles which can get pretty damn deadly in their current state.

Reaction score
    Aw man, remove and replace AND CIWS?!? Looks like it's going to be awesome! And it totally validates my missile cruiser, the multiple swarm missile launchers are actually going to help against the bigger ships now, rather than just be point defense.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    @schema if you bothered making the double shift thing please make it so that it works like this instead which will be a lot more useful and change gameplay (1:34)

Last edited:
    Reactions: WaffulMann

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Oh great, didn't even know you could shoot missiles out of the air now. If they are target able like ships. you could use heat seekers to actually destroy some missiles heading your way. Would also mean the AI would shoot on them but not sure if I want all my turrets shooting missiles out of the sky first instead of focusing on the ships, might be nice to upgrade the bobby AI and add another option for "target missiles".

These videos could attract some more people. In the end, we might experience a small increase in the community ^^

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I don't think you guys appreciate the new combat strategies that will arise with shootable missiles.

Think about it: Instead of vessels simply sitting and shooting at each other, it would be a game of making sure hostile missiles don't land while trying to land your own shots on the attacking vessel. It's a little like modern naval combat. It would cause a need for a new type of anti-missile turrets. This is pretty great.
    True, I already made an anti-missile turret in anticipation:

@schema TAKE ALL THE FUNNIES!!!

Reactions: Leanson
    Reaction score
    I personally appreciate this Schema (And dev team.) A much more neutral and easy to digest way to view the dev news in my opinion.

Also those features are getting better with every update! Keep up the good work lads.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think this is a very nice compact way to show upcoming updates without all kind of meandering around the issue I've seen in other video's. Maybe the audio can be slightly louder in the future, but that's the only remark I can make. ;)

Greets,

Jan